I really need some help on how to load up a Playstation 2 ISO file and MDS file
I would like to know on how to load up an ISO or MDF file for Playstation 2. But I already know how to burn the ISO or MDS file. So I am all set with that. I use Ultra Iso or ImgBurn to burn that image. And it works just fine. The main problem is that I cannot load up the ISO or MDS file. It would not load. The emulator just closes on me! So please help me very on this issue, step-by-step. I would appreciate that very much from you. By the way, I am not sure what DVD plugin to use in the configuration. And I am also not sure if I have the pixel shader support. So please let me know. And get back to me as soon as possible please. Once again, thank you very much!

Sponsored links

(08-27-2009, 05:17 AM)jordanllgg31 Wrote: I would like to know on how to load up an ISO or MDF file for Playstation 2. But I already know how to burn the ISO or MDS file. So I am all set with that. I use Ultra Iso or ImgBurn to burn that image. And it works just fine. The main problem is that I cannot load up the ISO or MDS file. It would not load. The emulator just closes on me! So please help me very on this issue, step-by-step. I would appreciate that very much from you. By the way, I am not sure what DVD plugin to use in the configuration. And I am also not sure if I have the pixel shader support. So please let me know. And get back to me as soon as possible please. Once again, thank you very much!

In PCSX2, go to Config>Configure. Under CDVDROM, select Linuz ISO. Press Configure, and select the ISO. Go back to the main screen, and go File>Run CD/DVD.

Also, post your system specs, specifically the video card.
There's no need to burn the game back to a disk, just run the ISO directly through the Linuz CD/DVD plugin. I'm not sure all the formats that are supported by this, though. Just to be safe, I'd make the backups of your PS2 games in plain ISO format with ImgBurn.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Exclamation 
So I don't need to burn the ISO or MDS file to a disc? So I don't have to do this process. Is that right? So I guess I don't need to use ImgBurn anymore. So I can just run the iso right from my C drive. Is that right?That is the hard drive letter of my computer. That is just to let you know. So maybe this will work. But if this does not work I will get back to you again. So just let me know how to do this process for me step-by-step. And it may work! Also let me know also on how to burn an MDS file, if it is possible. But I don't think I need a disc to burn this either. So just let me know on how to do this too. Anyway, please get back to me as soon as possible. So thank you very much!
of course not, what would be the idea of ripping a ps2 game to an iso image and then burning it back on a dvd-r to play it? the main advantage of isos is the faster response time and higher transfer rate of your hdd compared to an optical drive. use imgburn to rip your games to isos, select linuziso as your cdvd plugin and point it in its settings to the iso file of the game you want to run. then hit "run cd/dvd" or "run/execute" and play.

mds/mdf is the media descriptor file format of alcohol 120%, use either alcohol 120% itself to burn it or convert the image with mdf2iso to an iso, which can be burned by almost any cd/dvd writing application.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Question 
I am downloading now another Ps2 game I want to try. It is called G-Force. So can you explain to me on how to load up the iso on the Pcsx2 emulator? Because I can't seem to make it load in my Pcsx2 emulator for some reason. But I know there has to be a way to open up and play the ISO's in some way. I am also downloading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Price for Ps2. So just let me know on how to load up the iso correcly for me. I mean everyone elses Pcsx2 emulator loads up the game just fine, but mine does not work at all. I really don't know why. I just need more explanation from you on how to fix this problem. All right then? And I did what you told me to do exactly. In the config. menu, I selcted Linuz DVD plugin, just like you told me. But I don't know really where and how to load up the iso. And I bet if I get that iso in the config menu, then I hope my game will work. So anyway, just give me a better explanation on how to do this procees for me. And also get back to me when you get a chance. Thanks a lot!
Locked, due to piracy. Read the forums rules.