I think in the next version of PCSX2, they should add...
They should add something like what Project 64 1.7 (If that is even coming out that is) is let the emulator save configuration for each game that you load up that works well with whatever settings the game can work with. It is something I've read what they were going to do with Project 64 newer version and thought if this would be a nice feature for the PCSX2?

What I mean is, say this configuration works with Game01 and the emulator automatically saves it, then if you want to play another game and change the settings, it won't affect the settings you previously made for Game01 since when you load Game02 and go back to Game01, the emulator will remember the settings and change back to the old config for that game and vice versa for Game02.

You think this would be possible in the feature build if they ever come around to it? I hope my topic/post makes sense, sorry if it doesn't since it's very late here and I was typing this as I was feeling tired..anyways, any thoughts about this idea?

Sponsored links

PCSX2 already does load important(critical for game to work) config with automatic patches turned on, anything else really depends on hardware, soo if you have alot of games use one of already existing loaders, they do exactly that:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS2Lunch-...-for-PCSX2
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Profile-Manager
Still it would be nice if u can save it as a profile so f.e. let's say Final Fantasy X.pcsx or something. It would definetly make it easier, since some games use totally other settings Smile
use a front end.
(09-07-2011, 08:25 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: Still it would be nice if u can save it as a profile so f.e. let's say Final Fantasy X.pcsx or something. It would definetly make it easier, since some games use totally other settings Smile

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS2Lunch-...-for-PCSX2 <-there what squall sugest.
Still it's not the same, as built in to the emulator itself, kinda annoying if you have to use 2 programs while it may be implented in the emulator itself, I mean it already have a tiny profile slider, but it shouldn't be too difficult to make I think, I mean not that I know anything about programming, but to save some settings, looks likes it's one of the basic things to make for a program as a coder/programmer (It's my opinion, so please don't bite my head off) Smile
(09-07-2011, 09:59 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: Still it's not the same, as built in to the emulator itself, kinda annoying if you have to use 2 programs while it may be implented in the emulator itself, I mean it already have a tiny profile slider, but it shouldn't be too difficult to make I think,

Then why don't you just implement it yoursel....

Quote:I mean not that I know anything about programming, but to save some settings, looks likes it's one of the basic things to make for a program as a coder/programmer (It's my opinion, so please don't bite my head off) Smile

Oh... see there's your problem. If it is as simple as you say, it shouldn't take you long to learn C and program it in yourself. There are plenty of guides on the internet.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Koji please, this isn't any insult intended, and there is no need to act so smart or kinda mean, this is my opinion, don't only comment on selective texts that's absolutely not needed. I just stated my opinion here.
I don't think it's such a huge deal to use a frontend program. Yes obviously it's better to have it integrated but what would you want the devs to focus on, integrating a feature that is already there with a frontend or work on speed and compatibility instead...?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
It's not that I expect it to happen anytime soon heh, but it's only a wish/request, that would be nice to see implented Smile