I thought I would never see the day where Software looks better than hardware
Emulation Settings - Game Fixes - Enable manual gamefixes - Switch to GSdx software rendering when a FMV plays.

Edit: That particular feature isn't available in 1.0.0, you're going to have to use a more recent svn build if you don't already.

Sponsored links

I guess my build is too old. I'll have to update it then and start using that but Its not a big deal for me to manually do it either.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
i often got graphical glitches when playing games in hardware mode and these glitches went away in software mode

software mode sometimes looks nicer than hardware mode but it is sometimes slower
Software mode will be much more compatible as we have much more control over the graphics processing. In hardware mode we rely pretty much on DirectX to do all the legwork for us, but in software mode, we manually do everything.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Specifically, hardware mode is missing functionality that we need.
To get some forms of blending at all in hardware, we need to do tricks and workarounds that often look wrong.

None of this is needed in software mode but the drawback is low speed and a very unsharp display.