I've gotten SLI to work, not sure if this has been done yet...
So I got my second GTX 680 and a new 1440p monitor, but was unable to play games at 60 FPS in 1440p. A normal person would have just set the resolution back to 1080, but I was determined to play natively, so this is what I did.

I used a program called Nvidia Inspector to create a profile for PCSX2, then I forced SLI by tinkering with every mode possible for like 4 hours (I really had no idea what I was doing. It was trial and error). Once I finally found some settings that worked, I was able to get my games to render in 2560x1440, which uses about 65-95% of both cards simultaneously, depending on the scene. No glitches and no slowdowns.

I'm still trying to tweak my settings, but I have every post-processing effect turned up to max and everything looks great. Has anybody else actually done this yet? Are there any settings in Nvidia Inspector that you recommend? If nobody else has done this yet, I'll definitely share my settings once I see how far I can push it, assuming that anybody else wants to try this. Smile

Edit: Here's a pic showing GPU utilization and FPS.
[Image: 2vv25y1.jpg]

Sponsored links

Hmmm keep it up,i think it'll be very useful for other users !!
(05-05-2013, 04:39 AM)Preet Wrote: Hmmm keep it up,i think it'll be very useful for other users !!

It's basically been a process of trial and error thus far in plugging random games SLI profiles into Inspector until PCSX2 ran smoothly and GPU utilization was high. I'm sure I can find a better combination, but these settings are working perfectly so far on my rig. It's important to note the SLI settings at the top of the screen and also at the bottom. The ones at the bottom force SLI. I used Crysis 3's SLI profile as my default, added the PCS2X.exe file, and then deleted the Crysis 3 exes. I should probably create a fresh profile just for PCSX2, but I was still figuring Inspector out.

[Image: 358bd5g.jpg]

Edit: If your system can handle it, I turned antialiasing transparency and supersampling on with no discernible reduction in FPS. Still locked at 59.9, but your mileage may vary.
Hmmm dude i have not that card.wait till someone else reply who know better than me Smile
well i don't know if Nividia have implent something to share the load against cards ( well that's what happening i suppose since the gain is so minimal ! )

however WE NEED SLI USERS to check this !
(05-05-2013, 12:36 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: well i don't know if Nividia have implent something to share the load against cards ( well that's what happening i suppose since the gain is so minimal ! )
How do you know that the gain is minimal?

This is a great news. I guess CrossFire would work as well with the correct profile.
just because the he was able to run 1440p while he can't without "SLI usage" and he was able to play 1080p yep for an extra GPU it is minimal !
(05-05-2013, 12:36 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: well i don't know if Nividia have implent something to share the load against cards ( well that's what happening i suppose since the gain is so minimal ! )

however WE NEED SLI USERS to check this !

Right, I'm one Smile although my cards are a lot weaker and some those choices in there I wont do.

Mine are GTX 560 and for this purpose similar to their. So following a tested guideline may help and spare time.

Besides I will test it mostly because it can't do harm, could even allow bettering the upscale in some games which forces me to keep at 3x or even less.

Normally I would advice going so high internal resolution but his is a 1440p and his not wrong attempting to get at least the monitor's native resolution. But Xemnas is not wrong also, the gain is minimal and actually not much of a gain at all if the final result is 1080p or even less in some cases. I can't say how it is on his native.

PS: I could swear I had the Inspector already installed, it was other program I never reinstalled it seems, together the MS visual Studio Express.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Nice you got it working over 2 cards. The usefulness is arguable but at least it shows that it's technically possible Smile
(05-05-2013, 02:38 PM)rama Wrote: Nice you got it working over 2 cards. The usefulness is arguable but at least it shows that it's technically possible Smile

Actually it's useful, searching for the inspector I found an old profile using 3DMark as base and it still works albeit the load balance is prioritizing the first card in a 2/3 relation.

Maybe his profile is more balanced.

Beyond a reasonable gain in performance there is the collateral effect both cards work a significant less "hot" at 4x in FFXII Rabanastre. Need to test with other games yet.
Imagination is where we are truly real