Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wanna 'Fix' my laptop.
Right now, im running an HP Pavilion dv4 notebook (that i bought for $799 in 2010).
[Image: j7gCd.png]

Here's what I wanna do to it:
change to 8 GB RAM
Change Graphics Card to something better.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Im using a laptop so i can take it with me to college, and play during breaks.

Sponsored links

Doing all that would cost you more than getting a new laptop. I don't think there even exist 1 TB HDDs for laptops...and what do you want 16 gb ram for in a laptop? -_-
[Image: newsig.jpg]
lol. i know. after this post, i did a little research.

Im just gonna build a new desktop (i need one anyways)

What I decided on:
1T memory
i7 processor
8gb ram
MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti Graphics card

Though i still might change my laptop's graphic card to something better, just so i could beat the lag out of other games.
Actually, you will not be changing the graphics unit of that laptop.
It is not possible with that one. Sorry. Sad
(02-16-2012, 03:49 AM)Rezard Wrote: Actually, you will not be changing the graphics unit of that laptop.
It is not possible with that one. Sorry. Sad

ouch. I was afraid of that to be honest.

Here's my plan B.

Sell that laptop on ebay, But an i5 asus laptop with a decent graphics card so i can play the kingdom hearts series, ratchet and clank, jack and daxter, etc on it without a problem.

Good Idea?
@Bositman , I have 1.5 TB of hard drive space in my laptop Tongue
ROG Asus G74S laptop
Intel core i7 2670QM @2.2(3.1ghz turbo) Nvidia 3gig GTX560m 8 gigs DDr5 Blue-Ray Burner windows7 64 bit
[Image: r1gyld.jpg]
Damn, I stand corrected then Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-16-2012, 05:34 AM)Yerik Wrote: ouch. I was afraid of that to be honest.

Here's my plan B.

Sell that laptop on ebay, But an i5 asus laptop with a decent graphics card so i can play the kingdom hearts series, ratchet and clank, jack and daxter, etc on it without a problem.

Good Idea?

Ratchet and Clank on a notebook even with speedhacks.. good luck for full speed gameplay, I know some are pleased with 50 FPS on NTSC games but... I am for either full speed or no play. You would be better with an i7 laptop with mid highend ~ highend graphics.. and for the price that will cost you would be better with a desktop for the same price with much more power, or the same power for much less price.
-Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 GHz
-GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 5
-G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 14-13-13-30-1T
-EVGA GTX 970 4GB @ 1380/1853 MHz
-Crucial MX100 512GB, Silicon Power S60 120GB, Toshiba 2TB 7200 RPM
-PC P & C Silencer 750 Quad
-Windows 7 x64

-----

-Core i7 4710MQ
-16GB DDR3 1866
-GTX 965M 4GB @ 1127/1353 MHz
-Mushkin ECO2 240GB, HGST 1TB 7200 RPM
-Windows 7 x64
(02-16-2012, 09:58 PM)gamerX1990 Wrote: Ratchet and Clank on a notebook even with speedhacks.. good luck for full speed gameplay, I know some are pleased with 50 FPS on NTSC games but... I am for either full speed or no play. You would be better with an i7 laptop with mid highend ~ highend graphics.. and for the price that will cost you would be better with a desktop for the same price with much more power, or the same power for much less price.

wow, really? I didn't imagine ratchet and clank requiring that much. Well, After all, my Title at pcx2 forums DOES say "newbie"
To be honest, what minimum requirements would my laptop have to play kingdom hearts and kingdom hearts 2 WITHOUT speed problems (i really dont care how bad the graphics are).

Im thinking of just buying an asus i5 processor with 4gb ram (change it to 8 later), and a decent graphics card. I could probably spend $550-$650 for a laptop like that.