I want to buy a pc for pcsx2
Hi, I am new here ^^, I want to buy a PC for pcsx2:

-CPU AMD PHENOM II X2 550 3.1GHZ DUALCORE L3 6MB AM3 BLACK ED BOX <- I will overclock it to 4.0 GHZ

-XFX RADEON HD4870 PCIE16X DX10 1GB

-DDR3 PATRIOT VIPER 2GB KIT DCH (2X1024MB) 1333MHZ LLK

Is it good enough?

thx.
[Image: bfi09h-5.png]

Sponsored links

(08-13-2009, 05:27 PM)zwastik Wrote: I will overclock it to 4.0 GHZ

no you will not ^^, for most users max is 3.8ghz, you need to be pretty damn lucky to overclock it above 3.8ghz without stability issues, crashing and BSODing. I have this CPU with karakorum cooling ( ITS HUGE it weights like 1 kg ) and i had to increse my voltage to 1.5v ( in instruction it is said not to get it higher than 1.475 ) to get it to be stable.
Also dont even try to overclock it higher than 3.5ghz with crappy cooling you get in box, you will just burn your CPU ;p

But still this PC will be able to run like 90% of games with "playable" status at full speed without any speedhacks turned on. Check me profile to see what worked perfectly on that procesor.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
good luck in finding enough nitrogen to cool your box Laugh id like to have that kind of PC
[Image: asddads.png]
My Turtle Box:
Intel i3 @ 2.7Ghz
Corsair 4gb DDR3
HD4670 1024mb
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
I read a review and they managed to oc this cpu to 4 ghz with stock air cooling, maybe they were just lucky. Thanks for your help anyway Smile
[Image: bfi09h-5.png]
(08-13-2009, 06:14 PM)zwastik Wrote: I read a review and they managed to oc this cpu to 4 ghz with stock air cooling, maybe they were just lucky. Thanks for your help anyway Smile

yea, its possible to overclock it even to 10ghz on box cooling if you are hardcore... the case is their temperature was way over 70 Celcius which was simply destroing this CPU realy fast, also they must have incresed voltage to MUCH over 1.5v to make it posible to boot, and probably it crashed after few minutes in windows. Also high voltages like that reduce lifespan of CPU.
most people dont get it up that high

remember my result can be a lot better than your result or the other way around.

they will be sold as a PHENOM II X2 550 if they manage to obtain the stock speeds
if its only able to overclock to 3.4GHZ its bad luck

some turn out better than others from the production line

its same for some triple cores being able to unluck the 4th core making it quad
its cheaper for them to make a quad than a tripple core, however not every triple core's 4th core is broken, thats a fairy tale

see where i am going?
[Image: 1454055.png]
i understand that, but still getting it overclocked to stable 4ghz is almost imposible, you realy need to be lucky cause there is like 1 in 1000 with that possibility

Also i forgot to add, Phenom II x2 550 BE actualy have HUGE chance of unlocking 2 additional cores, making it 4 core processor, you only need certain gigabyte mainboard, google it for more info.
My Phenom II will benchmark at 3.7, but I'm only stable at 3.6.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
well i hear most people saying that they OC to 3.0 and above i have intel Q6600 OC from 2.39 to 2.85 and nvidia 8600GTS and i play pretty smooth i think your specs are good enough but i recommend intel CPU and nvidia GPUSmile
system specs

MB MSI Z-87 MPOWER
CPU : Intel i7 4770k @3.50
GPU: Nvidia 770 GTX
RAM: 16 GB DDR3