I want to contribute to development
(10-08-2015, 08:28 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: We already have ads on the site and the forum, you know.

It seems the OP is suggesting he or she should be paid for joining the project, without having contributed anything in the form of code or bug reports first.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

Where'd you get that from?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-08-2015, 09:12 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: It seems the OP is suggesting he or she should be paid for joining the project, without having contributed anything in the form of code or bug reports first.

No i haven't asked you money, monetizing with ads was a suggestion for you to speed up the development and enjoy it more.
(10-08-2015, 11:59 PM)Pixels Wrote: No i haven't asked you money, monetizing with ads was a suggestion for you to speed up the development and enjoy it more.

Don't worry, I knew what you mean't and we already do.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Personally I nearly jump directly in the PS2 emulation. However it took me quite some time before knowing the emulator internal. I had done a small mips1 interpreter as a school project (only a subset of instruction were supported).

For the HLE stuff, there are several levels.
1/ You could 'HLEd' the kernel syscall (aka the bios or rom code)
=> the EE kernel is rather small. IOP driver are bigger. No impact on perf.
2/ You could 'HLEd' the SDK
=> impact of perf but tons & tons of work. SDK is rather big, you will need to handle several version of the function.
=> big impact on timing behavior. It might break various game in various unexpected way.
(10-09-2015, 10:33 AM)gregory Wrote:    => big impact on timing behavior. It might break various game in various unexpected way.

For timing you mean that sometimes a game expects an SDK function call to last for X milliseconds? If it is so, it should be documented in the SDK because it's important for game programmers, it affects the game logic
Synchronisation of the processors in the PS2 is very temperamental and unless the programmers used the "wait" functions, they can go massively out of sync and cause crashes, so we've had to try and get the timing as correct as possible.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]