I was just thinking...
...OK, don't take this bad, but... is there a way to use all 4 cores on quad or X4 CPU's, I doubt there is no hack that it will tell a Pcsx2 emu that it uses 2 cores like one!?! Is that possible? I mean, ppl do everything, why not that, logicali looking at CPU, Pcsx2 sees only a CPU, we must say to it that it should use bouth cores! Hm... any idea?

Second, ...for ppl that have weak PC, is there a way do half the frames, so it would go, let's say 25fps for PAL, & 30fps for NTSC, like every 2nd frame is not even considered? ...I triend with frame skip, but it seems not working correct!

No bad feelings, cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

Sponsored links

No and no...the second thing you asked is just what frameskip does,but it does not work for all games.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
dude read the stickies.
making pcsx2 efficiently support quadcores is a major task.
and by 'major' i mean months of coding and rewriting stuff.

if it could be done with a simple 5-minute hack, then we would have done it already.
(03-13-2009, 01:49 AM)rex1825 Wrote: ...OK, don't take this bad, but... is there a way to use all 4 cores on quad or X4 CPU's, I doubt there is no hack that it will tell a Pcsx2 emu that it uses 2 cores like one!?! Is that possible? I mean, ppl do everything, why not that, logicali looking at CPU, Pcsx2 sees only a CPU, we must say to it that it should use bouth cores! Hm... any idea?
You can`t take two cores like one, because every core does it`s part simultaneously with each other (and that is it`s main advantage).