Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I7 2600(non k) good enough for pcsx2?
Hi,this is my first post. I wanna know if the i7 2600 is good enough to play pcsx2 and dolphin games at full speed. I don't have a p67 or z68 mobo, so I can't over clock, so there's no point in buying a k series CPU. The processor runs on 3.4 ghz, will I be able to play games like dark cloud, fFx, ffxii, dq 8, xenosaga and suikoden v at max speed?

Sponsored links

Yes its good enough for pcsx2 as far you have a decent GPU. All of the games should run at good playable speed. I can get fullspeed with them except Dark Cloud which is a GPU Demanding. (50 -55 fps in Dark Cloud)

Whats your GPU?
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Basically-- Yes.
It's still very fast @ stock,
and some Turbo Boost will help.

I know Xenosaga can be troublesome at times (I think allowing 8-bit textures helps at times).
I think Suikoden 5 may be heavy at times,
but I'd be willing to bet they would be totally playable.
Especially if you (need to) tweak a few things, like some Speedhacks or the 8-bit textures.

@ recoder:
What's up with your GPU, buddy?
Is that the one in your sig, or the one in your profile...?

I'd guess it must be the HD 4650,
and possibly a DDR2 unit,
if Dark Cloud gets limited by it...
(... or should I be asking what res that's at...?)
Well I have two CPUs :-

1)Intel I7 2600K ~ 3.5 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 (sorry that was an error in CPU Specs)
2 GB RAM (needs an upgrade)

Plays Dark CLoud at Fullspeed at 1400 x 1400.

2)AS in my signature. : I currently use this because my Father got all his files dumped in the First CPU. (Hard Disk is 97% Full) and

This one lags in Dark Cloud a Bit at 1400 x 1400. I cannot go below that or else the Graphics Looks pretty bad espcially on a 1600 x 900 Monitor.

We got two Computers because then I could play and my father could work simultaneously. My Father refuses to give me the First PC. Sad
I erased my files and games from first PC and installed them on the second PC (including PCSX2 And the ISO from the Disk). which is now mine (100%)
Laugh
I'm glad I asked about the res.
It must be DDR3 then. Smile

I was gonna say--
That 4650 should compare to my GT 230M,
and native shouldn't be a problem.

With native being 640x448,
you've got more than 3x on the vertical axis,
and a little more than 2x on the horizontal.

With that resolution as a standard,
you really should have a DDR5 unit in general.

BTW - Is your father actually utilizing that GTX 560...? Biggrin
The Radeon 4650 is a GDDR3 128-bit. Biggrin

No, My Father is not utilizing the potential of the GTX 560. I do not understand why he refuses to give me that PC. Laugh
The 4650 is fine for his office work. Laugh
Bummer. Sad

And to think;
it's just what's on the HDD he cares about...
(05-12-2012, 09:35 AM)recoder Wrote: Yes its good enough for pcsx2 as far you have a decent GPU. All of the games should run at good playable speed. I can get fullspeed with them except Dark Cloud which is a GPU Demanding. (50 -55 fps in Dark Cloud)

Whats your GPU?

Thanks recoder. As for my gpu, it can easily handle any game. It's a GTX 670.
One last question, will I be able to play xenosaga 1, 2 and 3 at full speed? Btw, at what speed does xenosaga run on ps2?
It runs at 60 fps because Xenosaga games are from NTSC-U or NTSC-J. I have all the NTSC-U Versions.