I7 2630QM & HD GRAPHIC 3000 Are able to run Gran Turismo 4?
Question 
I just bought a notebook, should I be confidence that when it arrived in my home could I play any games on PCSX2 or is PSCX2 more dependable on graphic card? Or any of you have tested any similar specs?

INTEL® CORE™ I7 2630QM
HD GRAPHIC 3000

Sponsored links

(07-12-2011, 07:48 PM)dreampeppers99 Wrote: I7 2630QM & HD GRAPHIC 3000 Are able to run Gran Turismo 4?

I'm gonna go ahead and say "no"...

(07-12-2011, 07:48 PM)dreampeppers99 Wrote: I just bought a notebook, should I be confidence that when it arrived in my home could I play any games on PCSX2 or is PSCX2 more dependable on graphic card?

Yeah, most games are rather GPU dependant. Dedicated graphics units consist of their own memory, and the speed of that is rather crucial. With an IGP, you better have very fast system RAM for allocation, but this in no way will prove as complete compensation.

(07-12-2011, 07:48 PM)dreampeppers99 Wrote: ...Or any of you have tested any similar specs?

Never used what's integrated on a Core i for PCSX2. I've heard of some success with less taxing games (i.e. 2D visuals, FFX), but I promise you that the limitations will show with many games.

(07-12-2011, 07:48 PM)dreampeppers99 Wrote: INTEL® CORE™ I7 2630QM
HD GRAPHIC 3000

You're looking at a GPU that will surely keep you from full speed with anything heavy, and Gran Turismo 4 is known for just that. In all fairness, your CPU is likely not enough for this one, either. Some games just fall beyond any average mobile capabilities (even an i7). If you had some bad-ass laptop, with an overclockable Core i processor, then you'd stand a chance (after being set back thousands of dollars).
thats sandy bridge integrated gfx btw, so the game may very well be playable,
Thanks you all, Although I will make some tests, read some tutos here... I already played dolphin super mario sunshine at good speed... but now move forward to ps2. Laugh
you are comparing apples and oranges.
Dolphin requires really less Raw power than pcsx2.
Moreover, super Mario sunshine isn't very demanding for dolphin compared to GT4 for pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
dolphin requires more GPU capability at its default settings then PCSX2 at its default.