ICO Performance and Compatability?
Maybe lilypad is just more sensible to the directions, try unplug and plug in the controller again, try changing the sensitivity settings in Lilypad for the direction or just configure it correctly, I know one of my old pads doesnt take the direction right even tho it seemed to be configured right.

Doubt it's related to the game anyway.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

I have a brand new computer, with:

Intel Core i5 520M (dual core with hyperthreading) at 2.4Ghz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, 512 MB GDDR2 RAM
2GB DDR3 System RAM.

and I run PCSX2 0.9.6 on Ubuntu 9.10.

Playing ICO I get about half speed, which I would be fine with except that I got similar speeds on my old desktop, with a single core 2.0GHz sempron and 1.5 GB RAM.

I expected higher (maybe not phenomenal) frame rates on the new computer. Am I missing something?
(03-24-2010, 09:24 PM)isantop Wrote: I have a brand new computer, with:

Intel Core i5 520M (dual core with hyperthreading) at 2.4Ghz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, 512 MB GDDR2 RAM
2GB DDR3 System RAM.

and I run PCSX2 0.9.6 on Ubuntu 9.10.

Playing ICO I get about half speed, which I would be fine with except that I got similar speeds on my old desktop, with a single core 2.0GHz sempron and 1.5 GB RAM.

I expected higher (maybe not phenomenal) frame rates on the new computer. Am I missing something?

Did u set the same configuration as your old rig ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
I assume that the processor is a laptop with laptops I tend to experience that you can't get fast speeds for a long time. Granted I have a much slower core 2 duo processor I have the same graphics card and I only manage about 30-50%. (it also gets too hot for my liking so I do't try for long)

Make sure that you don't have any power saving options as it clocks down the processor, and never disconnect from the main plug. (but I expect that you already do that).

Sometimes laptops clock down if you get too hot (much more frequent than a desktop) so that may be another issue.
Although it does seem really odd that it goes about the same speed as a sempron though...

Make sure you have the latest beta and plugins and latest ati drivers if those help.
Working full time to build new PC by the end of the year
Hi people
really nice game this ICO !
but i have trouble to emulate correctly the iso
i'm using PCSX2 beta.r1888
on XPsp3 x86
intelcore2duo4400
geforce9600
i activate this options: gsdx 1873 sse3 0.1.15, plugin cpu:EErec & VU recompiler & speed hacks x2 cycle rate

My trouble is the game crash at the final boss !
at 3 moments in the game, the game crash during cinematic but i can push start button to pass cinematic
but doesn't work during the meet with the final boss
did someone ending the game on pcsx ?
Must i activate patches or game fixes ?
I will try this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Ico-Freez...hlight=ico

later because it takes time to test cause there's no save at this point of the game