IMG plays as audio CD
recently just set up PCSX2 for the first time, i dont know if ive dont it right, but this is (almost) the only error i get...

[Image: SOTCfileview-1.png]
[Screenshot of the folder i put the files from the disc in, is this correct? as in are all files present, correct and of the right type?]

I took the files from my Shadow of the Colossus disk, having used emulators before i assume an IMG,ISO or similar file is needed, i have mounted that img using VirtualClone drive to clone drive F. In the configure menu of PCSX2 im using P.E.Op.s CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0 to run said mounted img file. The welcome screen boots up fine, with a little flicker, but i feel confident i can sort that out in due course.

However after the initial welcome screen and jingle, it reads the mounted img file as an Audio CD and no amount of fiddling thus far has resolved this.

any help would be great, tell me if you require any additional info.

Sponsored links

(06-27-2009, 04:17 PM)Jamesbiff Wrote: ...
[Screenshot of the folder i put the files from the disc in, is this correct? as in are all files present, correct and of the right type?]

no, rip the content of your game disc with a tool like imgburn or alcohol 120% to your hdd, preferably with the iso file type. use linuz iso as your cdvd plugin to start the game directly from your hdd. don't mount it with anything like virtual clone drive, deamon tools, etc.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(06-27-2009, 04:32 PM)zero29 Wrote:
(06-27-2009, 04:17 PM)Jamesbiff Wrote: ...

no, rip the content of your game disc with a tool like imgburn or alcohol 120% to your hdd, preferably with the iso file type. use linuz iso as your cdvd plugin to start the game directly from your hdd. don't mount it with anything like virtual clone drive, deamon tools, etc.

Ok i changed the IMG file to ISO, now using the Linuz plugin, now when i go to run the game PCSX2 crashes, and when i use the option to compress to a .Z or a .BZ file i just get an error saying it cant open the file.

this is perplexing.
with your original disc, use imgburn and rip the entire DVD to a single iso image.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Changing the file extension is not what zero meant. This will guide you on how to properly create an ISO out of the original PS2 game: http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/200/59/

You can just follow the first half of the guide which will get you an ISO file.
(06-27-2009, 04:53 PM)Jamesbiff Wrote: Ok i changed the IMG file to ISO, now using the Linuz plugin, now when i go to run the game PCSX2 crashes, and when i use the option to compress to a .Z or a .BZ file i just get an error saying it cant open the file.

this is perplexing.

look, what you did is: manually copied all files on the game disc to a folder on your hdd, thus destroying the structure of the game disc. it won't run that way, with or without virtual clone drive or whatever. as already stated, make an iso of your game disc with a tool like imgburn, that way you'll get a functioning copy of your game to use with the linuz iso cdvd plugin. oh, and btw, start SotC with "run->execute", "file->run cd/dvd" might give you a black screen and nothing more.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
something i should probably add-

ive had these games on my hard drive for some time, as i traded in my ps2 yonks ago, not exactley a 'coshure' move, but i ripped the data onto my hardrive from the 2 games i wanted to keep hold of until i got a better PC, i just didnt want to have to go through the hastle of finding copies of shadow of the colossus and ICO again. because if youve tried yourselves, youll know they are very hard games to come by.

so what im saying is- i no longer have the discs....
then you are probably using pcsx2 illegaly, as you are obliged to use only the bios of your own ps2 and only discs or isos made from your own games.
(06-27-2009, 05:50 PM)zero29 Wrote: then you are probably using pcsx2 illegaly, as you are obliged to use only the bios of your own ps2 and only discs or isos made from your own games.

His games are legal...
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
Doesn't matter as he needs a bios dumped from his own PS2 legally. As long as his bios isn't legal it doesn't matter if the games are legal or not.