ISO Compression?
Anyone know of a way to compress ISO's so that I can save diskspace? I tried compressing with the Linuz ISO plugin but the files came out unusable with the built in iso reader in PCSX2 I know games like Megaman X8 and X7 should only be a few hundred megs compared to the size of 2 gigs that they are. I only have a few gigs left on my HDD and I would like to be able to compress the games so I can still use them. I know psp has the cso format that helps out with disk space.

Sponsored links

Linuz Iso compression works fine, but you should set it to Plugin under the Cdvd menu, since Pcsx2`s iso reader doesnt read Linuz compressed Iso`s
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
Thanks that did the trick for me. For some reason I had it in my head that the plugin was just for compressing the ISO and not running the compressed ISO
No problems Topken, glad to help
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
Hmm is Linuz Iso compression a free software to download? Was thinking doing the same thing too, if so, may I have a link to this website?
its built into the plugin, it can use either Z or BZ format
(03-15-2012, 07:55 AM)hyakki Wrote: its built into the plugin, it can use either Z or BZ format

Ah okay I didn't know that, thank you. Smile
I actually recommend a much simpler way: NTFS folder compression for your games folder Smile
(03-15-2012, 09:50 AM)rama Wrote: I actually recommend a much simpler way: NTFS folder compression for your games folder Smile

yeah that's what I do too, I heard ntfs compression can actually help read speed too (though I doubt its on a measurable scale), and you don't have to modify your images.
It's for convenience mostly, but yea, on the fly decompression is very fast.