ISO Doesn't Load
Just completed the config guide so all settings are good to go. I ripped an ISO for Burnout 3: Takedown (I own the Physical Copy) and when I go to choose the ISO, nothing happens. The log doesn't even register that I attempted to load the ISO. There's no error messages or failed to load messages....just nothing. The ISO has not been mounted to a virtual drive and the DVD disc is no longer in the drive itself. The ISO file is in the same overall directory as all of the other PCSX2 folders. 

I can load the game from disc just fine - there's some stuttering and my PS3 controller isn't recognized even though I have SPC server and SPC Monitor going so I may need to tweak some settings there. 

I've attached a txt file of the log.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 1,22 KB / Downloads: 215)

Sponsored links

This doesn't look like a full log. Make sure you copy the entire content of the emulog.

What did you use to create the image? It's best to use imgburn to rip your disc. So try it with that if you haven't already.

Other than that, also check under 'CDVD', and make sure ISO is selected and not plugin.

[Image: qYAUTgk.png]

After choosing your ISO in ISO Selector after that, go to System > Boot ISO (Fast)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Thanks for your response!

Regarding the log - that's what shows up when I launch the PCSX2 and after I select my ISO. However, you mentioned another step that I wasn't aware of which was going to System and and choosing boot ISO. I assumed when I chose my ISO originally it would boot from there. With that being said, while PCSX2 allows me to find my ISO and select it, under the System tab there is no option to Boot from ISO. Only from CDVD. 

At least I have my Dual Shock 3 controller working Smile

Thanks for your input!

- ES
Apologies for the double post but I think we can have a mod close the thread now. Thanks for the help Ryudo. So I was looking for an option that specifically said Boot ISO. Not knowing that after I selected ISO from the ISO selector, the run from CDVD would run from that ISO. I thought that meant it was running from the disc.

I had loaded another PS2 disc into the tray and went to boot it and Burnout 3 loaded without being in the tray. That's when I figured it out.

Now I just need to find out how to get the games looking polished. Time for some thread searching!
(08-06-2017, 11:27 AM)ESRaistlin Wrote: Apologies for the double post but I think we can have a mod close the thread now. Thanks for the help Ryudo. So I was looking for an option that specifically said Boot ISO. Not knowing that after I selected ISO from the ISO selector, the run from CDVD would run from that ISO. I thought that meant it was running from the disc.

I had loaded another PS2 disc into the tray and went to boot it and Burnout 3 loaded without being in the tray. That's when I figured it out.

Now I just need to find out how to get the games looking polished. Time for some thread searching!

Yeah my bad.

In PCSX2 1.4.0 it's still listed as 'Boot CDVD', this was later renamed to 'Boot ISO' in the 1.5.0 developer versions.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)