ISO runs on computer that burned it but not on another
Yeahhh is my problem even the graphics here??? I tried what you said, nada. Also I have a good six options on that drop down menu.

Sooo yeah, that didn't work. Anything else? Why would it be working on the computer that burned it but not a superior machine like this laptop?

Sponsored links

(03-03-2014, 02:47 AM)Butterfinger Wrote: Yeahhh is my problem even the graphics here??? I tried what you said, nada. Also I have a good six options on that drop down menu.

Sooo yeah, that didn't work. Anything else? Why would it be working on the computer that burned it but not a superior machine like this laptop?

i'm trying to narrow it down Smile

six Blink
take screen captures and post them here

you could try one of the latest svn's from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
they are pretty easy to setup, then you'll only need to move your bios and your memory cards, and set up your joy pad

if you have savestates from your old emu, i can pretty much guarantee they won't work on your new machine

as for your pc being more modern, yes it is but the hd 4000 can be a bit weak for pcsx2 that's why i suggested changing the graphics card

their are links to tools in my sig if your not sure what your laptop has in it, they aren't things you need to install, just run them and when your done you can either save them or delete them, they leave nothing behind, nor do they have any form of virus or malware Smile
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
[Image: WTwoKJF.png]

Right here, bud.
I have literally never had a problem with PCSX2 and the graphics on this computer.

And like I said before, if the graphics card was the problem then why would it run on a computer with a much older and much weaker graphics card and not on this one? I'd prefer it if we didn't fixate on the physical graphics card. The settings, on the other hand, sure.

Yeah I've used those before, but I don't think there's any need.
"I'd prefer it if we didn't fixate on the physical graphics card. The settings, on the other hand, sure."

hm     from that pic it looks like you don't have a graphics adapter at all Blink

it could be that pcsx2 isn't seeing the graphics card that's built into your processor, because the version of pcsx2 you have is to old, tbh i really don't know

have you tried one of the latest versions from here ?
it might just solve your problems Smile hint click on this green text

you could also try setting the dev9 plugin to null (i've seen that work)

(last thing i can think of to try)
you may need to try a different plugin

maybe Zero GS, although that appears to be a very old plugin

still you should download the latest svn from here they don't need to be installed, just unzipped and setup,

also as a rule of thumb, if you look on this page http://pcsx2.net/download/releases.html
it says "Warning: All builds in this section are deprecated and no support will be given for them! "

that doesn't mean you can't ask for help, just sometimes it won't be given on old versions Smile

ps: when i said change your graphics card i meant in the settings of pcsx2 (in-case you thought i meant physically removing it ) Wink
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

OH oops, I actually had no idea there was a newer version. I installed the newest. And still nothing. Null still had the crash too. So I assume this means it's not the graphics.

It might be safe to also assume the ISO is corrupted. I have no clue how that happened though... It was working fine on the other computer and the flashdrive seemed to take it just fine after formatting.
the way i test my iso's is by using a program called http://www.quicksfv.org/ (it would need you to set it up in win xp compatibility mode) it works fine on my machine, and should work on both your old xp machine and the new laptop

to make it work you just need to right click on your iso and on the drop down menu their 'll be an icon that looks like a lifebuoy with the text " click Create .SFV File "

then you can check if the iso on your pc is the same as the one on your laptop, if it isn't it will say

to check you'll need the .sfv (usually around 100 bytes) and your iso together, click on the .sfv file (it looks like a lifebuoy ) and voila Smile

ok here's something else you can try

on your main screen go to CDVD then on the drop down menu go to No disc
obviously change the graphics plugin back to the normal gsdx one
then on the main screen click system then on the drop down menu click full boot, then see if it boots , this will tell everyone reading this whether pcsx2 is working

if it's crashing then you need something else adjusting

silly question, but have you tried any other games ?
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

(03-03-2014, 04:38 AM)Butterfinger Wrote: And like I said before, if the graphics card was the problem then why would it run on a computer with a much older and much weaker graphics card and not on this one?

How old a computer is does not really matter. A 4-5 years old Desktop PC can still be faster than most of todays Laptops, especially if it has only an integrated GPU like that HD4000 crap.

Posting more infos on what hardware (CPU,GPU) your Laptop has would be a great help.
Also have you tried updating your GPU drivers?
(03-03-2014, 11:16 AM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: the way i test my iso's is by using a program called http://www.quicksfv.org/ (it would need you to set it up in win xp compatibility mode) it works fine on my machine, and should work on both your old xp machine and the new laptop

to make it work you just need to right click on your iso and on the drop down menu their 'll be an icon that looks like a lifebuoy with the text " click Create .SFV File "

then you can check if the iso on your pc is the same as the one on your laptop, if it isn't it will say

to check you'll need the .sfv (usually around 100 bytes) and your iso together, click on the .sfv file (it looks like a lifebuoy ) and voila Smile

ok here's something else you can try

on your main screen go to CDVD then on the drop down menu go to No disc
obviously change the graphics plugin back to the normal gsdx one
then on the main screen click system then on the drop down menu click full boot, then see if it boots , this will tell everyone reading this whether pcsx2 is working

if it's crashing then you need something else adjusting

silly question, but have you tried any other games ?

Yeah, man. I mentioned a few times, this is the only one that's really given me trouble.

Ahh. I'm not near my old PC until Friday

(03-03-2014, 12:16 PM)Grove4L Wrote: How old a computer is does not really matter. A 4-5 years old Desktop PC can still be faster than most of todays Laptops, especially if it has only an integrated GPU like that HD4000 crap.

Posting more infos on what hardware (CPU,GPU) your Laptop has would be a great help.
Also have you tried updating your GPU drivers?

It's older than 5 years and no it simply can't run PCSX2 faster than this, I've tried it and I had FPS of less than 40 half the time. And I have no idea what HD400 is, I'm going to assume that's what I have. Either way, it works fine, "crap" or not. Especially compared to the old pc.
I have no idea what hardware my laptop has for the most part, nor what a GPU driver is.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Look, thanks, guys. But I was hoping for a quick fix and this is getting too technical for my level of knowledge. I do feel like we're looking in the wrong direction with the hardware here, because this computer runs any other ISO better than the old machine. I'm gonna take the logical conclusion that the file is corrupted for whatever reason. When I get back to my old machine on Friday, I'll give that program you just linked me a look, might try burning it again, I don't know.

Thanks anyway!
ok if you try the graphics card selection process in the latest revision, i've been assured you should be able to select a different one (thanks refraction for replying Smile )

let us know what happens
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z