Ico NEVER-ENDING issue
Hi everyone! It's my first post so I hope I don't break any rule or something.
The problem is that Ico (PAL VERSION) ALWAYS freezes in a black screen, exactly after I skip all the videos prior to initial gameplay!
I've been searching for a long time and i've been trying all the settings and different plugins around (ZeroGS in place of GSDX, ZeroSPU2 in place of SPU2-X and so on) but the result hasn't changed.
The key of the issue, in light of my researches, seems to be related to Clamping mode... but as you can see it is properly set and even changing it the freeze still continues to show up.
Anyway here is my configuration:

My specs:
CPU: E6400 @ 3,2 GHz
GPU: ATi 5870
RAM: 4 GB 1066 MHz
HDD: Seagate 250 GB

Pcsx2 version and plugins belong to the package downloadable here: *snip*

I really hope someone among you could find what's wrong in here. Thanks in advance to everyone Smile

P.S. Sorry if my English is somewhat bad. I'll try to rewrite in a more understandable way ^^

Sponsored links

Please do try the NTSC version! Often times PAL versions of PS2 games are buggy with less features and slower often having issues with framerate conversion (because often times PAL games come from NTSC versions so the framerate has to be converted from a native 59.94 to 50.00).

With that being said, you could also try switching the EE, VU or IOP to interpreters for more 'accurate' emulation at the cost of speed... or you could try the fixes or speedhacks to see if they help at all.

And thanks for a later build of PCSX2, I'll test it out.

My best advice is to try PCSX2 0.9.7 r3113 and see if that fixes your problem... I prefer it to 0.9.6 because it's much faster.

By the way your English is superb compared to some of my friends that spend time every day on Myspace and Facebook, they talk lyk d!5 when they write stuff on their profiles and chat with people. I can understand you perfectly.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
I have a pal/ntsc switching ver of the game.
I've only tried the ntsc setting...

You will probably have to skip the intro's after you start the game.
Every scene of it crashes pcsx2 regardless of speedhacks.
In game seems to work though I played it for about 15mins.

It only started to work with the 0.9.7 r3113 beta that was released.
I ran it on a svn copy or 2 before that some time or another and it did the black screen thing.
I can't say what exact rev fixed it, just that it works now.

I'lll dl your rev and check it.

ASUS CH4, 1090t @ 4ghz, 2x1gb @ 2ghz, GT240
2x1tb Modded WD Green RAID0, Optiarc 7241S
Modded Enermax 350w

Win7 Ent x86 VLM / Win2K3 Svr Ent SP2-R2 x86 VLM
This latest revision of PCSX2 is even faster than the last I was using, now I barely get slowdowns during the game and it includes an extra speedhack that works effectively (mVU block hack, which assumes old data is unneeded and clears cache more often).

This is what I'm getting (I used DivX on the fastest possible settings so it cut my framerate down quite a bit):
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
Yeah I just tried that rev.
Acts a bit better when 1st running the game when I get to switch lang's and refresh rate on my copy.
No probs here.

I've seen that speed hack in a rev from that same site I tried the other day.
I just glanced at it though never tired it.

I've been sticking with the r3113 though for the moment.

ASUS CH4, 1090t @ 4ghz, 2x1gb @ 2ghz, GT240
2x1tb Modded WD Green RAID0, Optiarc 7241S
Modded Enermax 350w

Win7 Ent x86 VLM / Win2K3 Svr Ent SP2-R2 x86 VLM
True, I just finished making an image of Futurama... I wonder how well this will do. Ohmy

I'm going to YouTube my results ASAP in any case... I <3 XviD and VirtualDub Laugh

Okay I'm running it, I only got 20 FPS in the first menu until I used speedhacks, then I got 50 FPS in the menu and I'm just starting a new game. Ah, damn... have to wait through this intro sequence I can't skip.

Okay 12-14 FPS without speedhacking, and EE reduced 33% - 50% with moderate or maximum VU cycle stealing I'm getting 50-55 FPS, so this one is virtually playable but even reducing the EE 33% causes slight skipping. I didn't experience this problem in FFX only because I didn't get such low FPS to begin with.

Okay I've achieved 60 FPS with EE -50% and maximum VU cycle stealing with a few other speedhacks.
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
ok, both of you, don't spam the topic with some tests on unofficial unsupported builds.
and @dangerous : i don't see why he would have to buy another version of the same game if he already owns it...

@OP : use latest official beta (get it from pcsx2 site) instead of using some unsupported unofficial build, please. And read the rules again : don't link to unofficial builds.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well it seems that he doesn't need to if it's just the emulator causing the issue. It seems this problem is about solved. We should all go have a cup of hot cocoa, coffee or tea or something now and enjoy all the trillions of floating point operations we've spent and hundreds to thousands of CPU-hours in emulation and sheer computation.
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
Loller91:
Use microVU please and set both clamp modes to "extra".
Rest of you: ..sigh
(07-24-2010, 04:19 PM)rama Wrote: Rest of you: ..sigh

+1 sigh >.>

if you cant, dont want, or dont know how to help dont spam a thread with random staff that dont help the OP please guys....
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest