Ico audio configuration
I looked around at some Ico threads on these site, and almost all of them dealt exclusively with the graphics. My graphics are fine aside from some very minor ghosting, but the sound is grating and sounds like its getting pitch shifted every alternative second. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Sponsored links

What are your fps? Can you show your spu2-x settings?
(09-21-2014, 02:58 PM)willkuer Wrote: What are your fps? Can you show your spu2-x settings?

My fps is around 20. I'm not sure what the spu2-x is, but I set Clamping Mode to Extra + Preserve Sign in EE-IOP and Extra in VUs (in the emulation settings). Also, I went ahead and enabled speedhacks with EE Cyclerate at 2. Native Resolution isn't selected. I don't know what exactly my laptop's specs are, but it can play Skyrim on the medium graphical setting.
20 FPS is 1/3 speed so... that's why your audio is cracking.

Config->Audio->plugin settings and change timestretch to async mix. That will fix the audio.

And don't compare emulation to PC games, because it's apples and oranges.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
How is emulation different to PC gaming. Would I need to boost certain hardware if I wanted to play Ico?
Don't know what your hardware is so... can't say.

Emulation is different because the code for PS2 games for example is a completely different type of code than PC games. It runs on completely different hardware. So to emulate a PS2 game, you have to emulate in software the EE, GS, VU0 and VU1, IOP, DMA, etc. All of this is incredibly slow(relatively). To emulate machine X you need a machine Y times more powerful. In the PS2 cases, Y is a big number, because of the aforementioned complex architecture of the PS2.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-23-2014, 01:21 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Don't know what your hardware is so... can't say.

Emulation is different because the code for PS2 games for example is a completely different type of code than PC games. It runs on completely different hardware. So to emulate a PS2 game, you have to emulate in software the EE, GS, VU0 and VU1, IOP, DMA, etc. All of this is incredibly slow(relatively). To emulate machine X you need a machine Y times more powerful. In the PS2 cases, Y is a big number, because of the aforementioned complex architecture of the PS2.

Thanks for responding. Here's my hardware:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.6GHz 2.3 GHz

Memory: 6GB

I just lifted that off the system thing.
Yeah, that ultrabook cpu will only handle really light games.
Sry mate. Your computer can run FF X at native.. and maybe Tetris.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10