Im A Newbie, Help Me Config FFX in PCSX2
Shocked 
Hi, im new to PCSX2 and to this forum. Unsure Please help me config my Graphics plugin and Sound plugin for the best quality in playing Final Fantasy X with my computer. Blush

Here are my PC specs: (clicked Start,typed dxdiag and pressed enter)

Processor: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5Ghz
Memory: 2GB RAM
Display: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
Reso: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60 Hz)
DirectX: DirectX 11

Can I play FFX? Ohmy Please give me the detail of configuring PCSX2? And what are the names of the files needed in configuring BIOS? And what is Core configuring and how?

Help will be greatly appreciated, THANKS! Smile

Sponsored links

Read any of these?

FFX config

Also, check the F.A.Q. for some of those common questions (BIOS, etc...).

Note: You do have a weak GPU. Use a low internal resolution (i.e. native) and don't expect the best from it.
thanks for answering, the link is good but I need the best which my comp. specs can handle. any suggestions pls
Why not just try the game yourself and see if you could handle anything higher than the native resolution?
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
ok ill try, i just posted this thread bec. I want a suggestion cause im a newbie.

ALSO WHAT ARE THE FILES TO DOWNLOAD/DUMP/GET ASIDE FROM THE PCSX2 0.9.8 INSTALLER?
You'll need to rip your BiOS from your PS2. If this isn't in the configuration guide, you can look up or google a tutorial. This costs some money because you'll need to get equipment to modify and extract the BiOS from a chip in your PS2. DOWNLOADING A BiOS OR GETTING A BiOS FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE IS ILLEGAL!

You'll also need to rip whatever games you want to play in the emulator (such as FFX) with ImgBurn or a similar program.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
ok, sorry if im too inquisitive but PLS TELL ME THE NAMES OF THE FILES NEEDED AFTER RIPPING THE BIOS? thanks! Smile
All files should be included with the installer save for the BiOS file which you place in the BiOS folder (or any other folder, if you select that folder in the first-time setup). Then you run the game, which you ripped using ImgBurn.

You shouldn't need any other files, and the preferred plugins should be selected for you.

Edit: Yeh, I just checked what Rezard was viewing which details a way you could rip it off using stuff that is more legal and you probably have which he will probably post. Probably shouldn't be mentioning modchips at all.

This post.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
If you're that curious, then read what I've linked. I'll point something out to you:

In the Useful Links section of the F.A.Q., you will immediately see a link to Reichfuher's guide to dumping your Playstation 2 BIOS.

If you'd stop to read other stickied threads, you'd also have seen the BIOS configuration in the Configuration Guide, which details more about the exact files you're looking for. Smile
80% sure that hes not gonna read all the links Tongue