Impossible blend for D3D: (Cd - Cs) * As + Cd
LOL

Well one of the feature benefits of Direct3D 11.1 is being able to expose new blending and texture formats that the card supports allowing new games to use them without a complete DXGI update package.

Sponsored links

(07-01-2012, 04:39 AM)Fezzer Wrote: Isn't DirectX sort of more "pre-made" to give game developers an easier time making things wheras OpenGL is more flexible and less problematic but more work?

Or I'm completely off?

Pre-made probably not the best description... Like certain graphical implementations are already there and all the developers have to do is tinker it to their liking. Rather than them making their own development language from scratch. I think...

They are both API's DirectX is somewhat easier to work with but still difficult, and usually only experts in that field can work with it, like gabest that's why major updates to gsdx are slow and far between, no one can touch it without breaking something Tongue2

OpenGL is nice since its cross platform, but some video card manufactures (ATI/AMD) have poor implementations and usually have problems with shaders and other strange bugs so its hard to get it working properly on all hardware, not to mention its somewhat harder to work with.
API that was it, went completely out my head. Thanks for explaining Hyakki +1
<REDACTED>