Impossible to Play - FPS
Good night everybody.
I've already given up abount trying to play any games on pscx2.
My games (FFX and GT4) the only ones that i REALLY WANNA PLAY, just struggle at 35 fps. I've already tryed using several bios and watched inumerous youtube tutorials, but none of em worked here.
The only way to play is enabling hacks, but graphics really sucks after that.

Pc configuration
Operating System = Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8078 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed = 2.592 ghz (4 logical threads)

Video Card: AMD RADEON HD 8850m 2GB.

I'm able to play really heavy games like farcry 3(30fps), cs:go (130fps)
BUT I JUST CAN'T make pcsx2 go further than the 35-40 fps.
What in the world i'm doing wrong?

Sponsored links

And ahm... I've tryed to follow the instructions tutorial configuration, read all of it, tryed to make some changes, but nothing happenned. It keeps at 35 fps Sad((((
nobody? Sad
Your CPU speed is low. To play GT4 full speed you need 3.5Ghz+

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Several BIOS?

And yes, that CPU is too weak without speedhacks. You can't compare PC games to PS2 emulation. It's a whole different ball game.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(12-13-2014, 01:16 AM)GeoMan Wrote: Your CPU speed is low. To play GT4 full speed you need 3.5Ghz+

(12-13-2014, 01:21 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Several BIOS?

And yes, that CPU is too weak without speedhacks. You can't compare PC games to PS2 emulation. It's a whole different ball game.

Really? So i'm not gonna be able to play it? Sad
But i've seen videos that the owner was playing ok, with a cpu worse than mine.
That is what i'm talking about , how could a celeron 2.0 ghz with 512mb vc can load game ok and my PC can't?

Could it be related to the bios option? I use the USA 2002 version...
I can claim to be able to 'load' a game on my old Pentium 4 2.66 GHz just fine too. But maintaining 60 FPS (especially on a game like FFX or GT4)? Nope.

Majority of the time videos found about PCSX2 contain false information or bogus stuff that tells you to download xxx file to make it run faster (which is really a virus).

Either way, if speedhacks end up breaking the game then there's really not much you can do about it I'm afraid aside from getting a more powerful computer.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I'm going to have to disagree with the op not being able to run FFX. Their laptop is faster than mine and I can run KH2 at full speed and it's more demanding.

First, make sure you have MTVU enabled along with the ee cycle rate hack set to 2 or 3. Also, make sure you have all of the speedhacks marked "recommended" enabled as well.

In your GSdx config, make sure you're at native. You may be able to push 2x, but I'm not sure. Also, make sure you have your amd card set as your adapter.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-13-2014, 02:18 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I'm going to have to disagree with the op not being able to run FFX. Their laptop is faster than mine and I can run KH2 at full speed and it's more demanding.

First, make sure you have MTVU enabled along with the ee cycle rate hack set to 2 or 3. Also, make sure you have all of the speedhacks marked "recommended" enabled as well.

In your GSdx config, make sure you're at native. You may be able to push 2x, but I'm not sure. Also, make sure you have your amd card set as your adapter.

How can i set the amd video card as my adapter?
Because it's not shows in the devices.
There is only
Default Hardware Device
Reference Device
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Microsoft Basic Render

So how can I ''put'' the amd in those options?
Quote:I've already tryed using several bios
I shall close this before the thread goes the wrong way.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go