Impossible to me (Without Vsync)
(12-13-2013, 10:52 PM)masterdragon Wrote: NOW, VSYNC ON:

[Image: disisrep.png]

vsync will lock your frame rate to multiples of factors of 60(in this case). So 60, 45, 30, 20, 15, 10, etc.

However, since you are above 60 fps to start with, this shouldn't be happening.

Did you try the adaptive vsync option? (The one that says dynamically toggle based on...)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

also it might be worth turning the frame limiter off on PCSX2 as that will artificially slow things down more, you can press F4 to turn that off.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Also just one other thought. What is your monitor's refresh rate?

On XP you should be able to find it by Right click the desktop, properties, go to where screen resolution is, click advanced, go to monitor tab.

The reason I ask is sometimes CRT monitor used to let you set a refresh rate of 59hz so they wouldn't strobe under fluorescent lights. That setting might cause this, though I'm not sure.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
- Adaptive Vsync doesnt work for me, screen tearing keeps happening.

- Vsync ON and Turning off the frame limiter, it runs faster than it would without vsync.
(12-13-2013, 11:14 PM)masterdragon Wrote: - Adaptive Vsync doesnt work for me, screen tearing keeps happening.

- Vsync ON and Turning off the frame limiter, it runs faster than it would without vsync.

I posted right when you did it seems. Can you tell me your screen refresh rate?

This is a weird issue @_@
Monitor SAMSUNG SyncMaster P2250.

Resolution: 1920x1080 - 60Hz - DVI Input and Output
(12-13-2013, 11:17 PM)masterdragon Wrote: Monitor SAMSUNG SyncMaster P2250.

Resolution: 1920x1080 - 60Hz - DVI Input and Output

Does it do it in other games too?
No.

Vsync do sure drops fps in others, but never around 35-40% from the normal (without vsync), like im having here.

Other thing i would like to ask is if its normal to games in general need vsync.
Cuz i hardly (or never) could play anything that did not have needed vsync on.
Cuz i hate to play with screen tearing.
(12-13-2013, 11:27 PM)masterdragon Wrote: No.

Vsync do sure drops fps in others, but never around 35-40% from the normal (without vsync), like im having here.

Other thing i would like to ask is if its normal to games in general need vsync.
Cuz i hardly (or never) could play anything that did not have needed vsync on.
Cuz i hate to play with screen tearing.

I don't run with vsync in PCSX2, but I do use it in regular PC games.

Since it's only this game, I am not sure what could be causing this problem. I'm out of ideas. Maybe something about that specific game is causing it to push frames in a weirdly timed manner?
(12-13-2013, 10:15 PM)masterdragon Wrote: I know, i didnt mean to compare, i was just saying.
And i even did mention to emulating a newer and demanding console without having the same problem.

Surprised no Dev has touched base on this..
But the Wii is not more demanding then a PS2 when it comes to emulation, You see, a Wii uses a PowerPC processor, and i believe is set up similar to a PC in that the CPU does what CPU's do, and the GPU does what GPU's do.

The PS2 on the other hand functions nothing like a PC, So emulating it is gonna be tougher. Thats why Dolphin is more GPU dependent then CPU, unlike PCSX2, Which i might add is also different then PC games.

Take my Sig Rig for example, crushes your PC (this is not meant to offend, Just to use as an example) Take whatever PC game you want, and at 1080P (monitors native res) i can play it with all the bells and whistles.

But i still need speed hacks to emulate Shadow of the Colossus, and I've not run into a single Wii game that even has a slow down..

Now i never use Vsync as whats more annoying then screen tearing is input lag.. (please G-Sync, SAVE ME!) But i'll run a few tests once i've finished with my daily activities and see if i run into the same problems. I have an idea though, try forcing your GPU to do the vsync from the CCC (i have nVidia on my PC so i'm not sure where exactly it is) and see if that doesn't help, That would at least rule out if it's the emulator or something else, as the Emu isn't using Vsync, your GPU is forcing it. I use that sometimes to fix input lag (mass effect for example Tongue)

Post back the results, I know it seems annoying, But by eliminating everything little by little we should be able to find the cause, and hopefully a solution.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64