Impossible to me (Without Vsync)
The Catalyst Control Center vsync hardly help some games.

I tried, as i said at first post.

Only the vsync from the games itself settings stop the tearings for me.

Sponsored links

Do you have the latest CCC and drivers for your GPU? if you don't it could give a nice performance boost and fix the issue, you should be running 13.1

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/de...erver=true

Link included incase you don't have the latest
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Yeah, thats what im using.
I was now trying the 13.4 Beta Catalyst version. Same results.

I don't know...
Something in my Hardware/Software may suck the refresh rate.

Cuz i get tearing even in flash games... ¬¬
(is it normal?)
(12-14-2013, 12:05 AM)masterdragon Wrote: Im was now trying the 13.4 Beta Catalyst version. Same results.

I don't know...

(is it normal?)

IDK about in flash games. But any time a frame posts halfway through a screen refresh, you get tearing. The tearing is actually because two or more frames are on the screen at once. (The frame posted mid refresh). Vsync is actually "Wait for vertical sync" and means if a frame posts mid refresh, it is held until the vertical sync happens, so there is only ever one frame on screen.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-14-2013, 12:05 AM)masterdragon Wrote: I was now trying the 13.4 Beta Catalyst version. Same results.

I don't know...

(is it normal?)

I have only seen that once, And it was when the CPU was either to slow (not saying yours is) or something is eating it's CPU usage.

Try this, download, run, and scan with this: http://www.malwarebytes.org/ use the free version and the last page of install uncheck the trial box. do a full scan, remove any (if any) infections, reboot. Just a theory
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(12-14-2013, 12:16 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: I have only seen that once, And it was when the CPU was either to slow (not saying yours is) or something is eating it's CPU usage.

Try this, download, run, and scan with this: http://www.malwarebytes.org/ use the free version and the last page of install uncheck the trial box. do a full scan, remove any (if any) infections, reboot. Just a theory

Done, nothing found.

I take much of care to my system Tongue
Use a newer Windows.
Starting with Vista it has a 3D desktop compositor that seems to double buffer everything.
Vsync works much better on that and it'll most likely solve your problem.
The problem is that somehow your setup constantly provides less FPS than needed when vsync is on.
I'm not sure what's causing that, mind.
(12-14-2013, 02:12 AM)rama Wrote: Use a newer Windows.
Starting with Vista it has a 3D desktop compositor that seems to double buffer everything.
Vsync works much better on that and it'll most likely solve your problem.
The problem is that somehow your setup constantly provides less FPS than needed when vsync is on.
I'm not sure what's causing that, mind.

I actually just read about this regarding something completely unrelated.

Since vista, with aero glass, the desktop is vsynced automatically. However, this doesn't happen on XP. So that's why you can have tearing in flash games, too.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-14-2013, 02:14 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I actually just read about this regarding something completely unrelated.

Since vista, with aero glass, the desktop is vsynced automatically. However, this doesn't happen on XP. So that's why you can have tearing in flash games, too.

Yeah, ppl often ask me why of me still using Windows XP.

4 reasons (for me):

- Old games i play (Compatibility)
- Fastest for me at all (i've tested. i had vista and 7 once)
- Better driver version of my Creative Sound Card (100% accuracy of the card)
- Simplicity

(it's not an apology to the operating system! Just sayin...)

Anyway,

From what i can remember...
Yes, at least flash games didnt had tearing problems in Windows Vista.

But it still dont have something to do about this problem im facing. Sad