Improving Final Fantasy X performance
Hit the deck! OS war incoming!
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

I think you'll need a faster processor and GPU to run it at that resolution and at full speed..

But you didn't state what PCSX2 version you are using. I had the exact same issue and i went to the beta, and it fixed the issue. try that (if you haven't already) and see it if works. Good luck
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Sure, after asking the op to at least install win on a separate partition (which he didn't seem to like) and then Zeydlitz adding that
Wine does the job just fine (no $100 payment needed! (On top of the other $100 for one of the free win licenses one can easily find?)),
I just had to do the namecalling.
Pcsx2 on Linux is just a bad idea, even more so when trying to run the Windows version via Wine.
Asking for advice on how to make this work better just fires me up.

Windows might blow, but pcsx2 runs on it. It runs, in color and with sound. For more than 10 minutes.
Linux is meant for gaming just as much as Windows, it just takes some time to get games that were designed to run FOR Windows to run under Linux. The quality that wine runs lots of games at is astounding. If a game was released exclusively for Linux Windows would have no chance of running it, because it doesn't have a development community like Linux does. Maybe we'd get to see this if game developers weren't (mostly) such greedy people Tongue

And I've never had to wrestle with my computer, rather the opposite.
Quote:Linux is meant for gaming just as much as Windows

Laugh

Quote:it just takes some time to get games that were designed to run FOR Windows to run under Linux

It takes another extra program to accomplish this, and thats Wine, something that actualy not part of Linux itself.

Quote:The quality that wine runs lots of games at is astounding.

If you bothered to run the games on their designated OS then you would be even more astounded, and not having to deal with that buggy ***** that is Wine.

Quote:If a game was released exclusively for Linux Windows would have no chance of running it

Perhaps we just don't give a damn, its not like we Windows users are going to swap games like Batman AA, Resident Evil 5, Stalker CoP, Crysis, etc... for games like 3D Solitaire, or Mines, or Yet Another Millionth version of Mahjong super-spiify-ubuntu-edition with extra nerdy bits, all having to be compiled from the commandline, for that feeling of nerdyness.

Quote:because it doesn't have a development community like Linux does

I guess all those Windows games communities I regularly visit are nothing more than figments of my imagination, all those modding communities, and god-knows how many dev communities out there.

Quote:Maybe we'd get to see this if game developers weren't (mostly) such greedy people

Perhaps they just like to make a living, as I guess after spending a few years developing a videogame only to sell that game to the 20 Linux users out there with the hardware capable of running it. I mean, why sell a game to a poxy little Linux crowd, when you can sell it to millions of well-established windows users ?

Quote:And I've never had to wrestle with my computer, rather the opposite.

Yet you "Struggle" to use Wine, or buggy piece of *****, as I love to call it. All that hassle on your poxy little single core aging A64 PC, running many emulation layers that it was never capable of running from the off, and reading you "W(h)ine" about it Laugh W(h)ine about it, ? lol Blush
And just for that extra laughs

http://scalibq.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!...!190.entry

http://www.commandlineidiot.com/blog/200...entalists/

Completely agree with both of those articles. I really detest Linux, and it's stupidly religiously-biased users.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
I know it would run better on Windows rama, but playing this game isn't such a big concern that I want to get windows just to play it.

And DK, I'm not saying game developers should design games for linux to sell to them. We have different viewpoints - you, like Microsoft, are concerned with the monetary aspect of making games. If I were a game developer I could care less about selling my game to millions of windows users, I would make it open source and available for free on both Windows and Linux, and if people like the game and wanted to support me they could donate money/purchase a copy of the game.

ie. a game like this http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/
(11-05-2009, 09:54 PM)dannyboy775 Wrote: I know it would run better on Windows rama, but playing this game isn't such a big concern that I want to get windows just to play it.

That's what I suspected.
Pcsx2 (unfortunately) requires a fast system and a some effort to get it to perform nicely.
If it's too much effort to download and install the win7 rc for example, then my advice for you would be to give up on pcsx2 on this pc.