Improving game's look
Right so it seems my system should play this game with good resolution and good speed?
A lot of (well to be honest...all of) the terms you guys are using fly over my head.
I will keep trying to fiddle with the config settings but I think it looks like I'll be playing it in direct3d11 hardware and 3 or 4x native. (though when I do 8x the resolution looks the same and speed is the same)
The only time res improves (or so it appears) but gameplay is super slow is when I use open GL hardware, so I will avoid that.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Sponsored links

As said your pc is good enough for most ps2 games on pcsx2 but some might run slower or not at all/gfx errors. Sometimes software mode can be both faster and accurate so try for that game too. First try without speedhacks, i find most games run better
without them. My cpu is tad bit slower then yours and can run all games i tried so far @ full speed (or close to that) even sly 3 and ratchet and clank. I play native to prevent problems, ps2 games arent made for high res. 2/3x native seems to be safest, some not more then native.
(04-17-2017, 09:58 AM)Ryudo Wrote: My old i7-920 actually ran really bad on PCSX2 surprisingly. But mine was an unstable one in the first place. It was the 'D0-Stepping' series, which was supposed to be far easier to overclock. But the moment I went over 2.80 GHz I would get BSODs, so I had a very unstable one it seemed.

mine was stock speed and ran xenosaga fullspeed 99% time, mech battles and one 1 or 2 cut scense and 1 sion skills drop framerates. which was shocking to alot people think mine is C0