Improving game's look
Ah yes, I didn't realise it was that new, feels older lol. But we shall wait to see what gokanma says Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

So true, just how fast technolgy advances..... Tongue
Yeah my desktop has an i5 3570k and came with a 660 ti. I get slightly more then 2300STP with my 4.2ghz oc so yeah his GPU means his CPU is quite good for PCSX2.
Hi guys

I just checked it now and this is my processor

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I bought the PC around 5 years ago I guess and have not updated it. I should do that! Time flies and tech flies even faster.

I guess the question now is; Am I configuring the graphics settings incorrectly or at decent resolution, v.slow speeds are expected.

Thanks again for your thoughts
that should be more then cappable for most game in 3-4x I used i7 920 up until about 7 months ago that ran games like xenosaga at fullspeed 99% time, which I shouldnt of been able too
The image in 'untitled' is the look I get with the settings you can see in 'untitled2' - the speed is really good (in fact it feels it is on turbo and a bit too fast) and I guess I
ll have to contend with those graphics if I wish to play the game.
The image in 'untitled3' is when I pick openGL hardware and the speed is super super slow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Stop running it in 8x native, use 3x native and untick large framebuffer.

I suggest you get a daily build from the build bot in fact.
Nothing wrong with a 4770, turbos to 3.9Ghz. Haswell us newer then ivy (3770). Its max 4 years old.
Should run most games without speedhacks. If a 4770 cant handle something you wont be that much better off with a kaby.

@tsunami

Assume you didnt have that 920 @ stock then. Have a pc with an 920 @ stock (dont need more for that pc). Pcsx2 i need massive speedhacks for most games but some like red faction (pal) run without them. Think STR of 920 is just above 1000,
(04-17-2017, 03:04 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: that should be more then cappable for most game in 3-4x I used i7 920 up until about 7 months ago that ran games like xenosaga at fullspeed 99% time, which I shouldnt of been able too

My old i7-920 actually ran really bad on PCSX2 surprisingly. But mine was an unstable one in the first place. It was the 'D0-Stepping' series, which was supposed to be far easier to overclock. But the moment I went over 2.80 GHz I would get BSODs, so I had a very unstable one it seemed.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-17-2017, 09:58 AM)Ryudo Wrote: My old i7-920 actually ran really bad on PCSX2 surprisingly. But mine was an unstable one in the first place. It was the 'D0-Stepping' series, which was supposed to be far easier to overclock. But the moment I went over 2.80 GHz I would get BSODs, so I had a very unstable one it seemed.

As with any CPU, overclocking is hit or miss, in general and for 99% of cases the i7 9xx clocked VERY high, also dependant on motherboard, and LGA 1366 is not just about Vcore and multipliers, you have uncore, VTT, QPI etc to work with too, it's much more complex but highly rewarding.

I run an i7 950 in another PC at 4.24ghz with a GTX 680 and it runs almost all PCSX2 titles full speed even in OpenGL with blend mode set at the high PC recommendation.

For instance, the i7 950 was used here for DMC in OpenGL with everything turned on. Zero speedhacks.

The i7 6950 rig is mainly for crunching numbers not gaming hence the AMD GPU's for OpenCL support.