Improving game's look
Hi all
I am new. First post. I registered to ask this question.
I only discovered PCSX2 a couple of days ago and I am as noob as can be.
After much research and reading I managed to install it and start playing my first game; Rule of Rose.
The game's resolution is really bad. It seems really really grainy. Is pixelated the correct term? 
I managed to improve it somewhat by increasing the resolution in the GS plugin settings. 
The strange thing is, no matter what I pick (4,5,6,7,8 x native or custom 1920 1080) the look is exactly the same. 
I have fiddled with the adapter, the renderer with all sorts of combinations and strangely the looks is EXACTLY the same.
Currently it is GTX 660Ti and Direct 3D11 hardware.
I have tried all the bios GS available (avx, avx2, SSE2,3,4) basically no choice makes a difference. I noticed the versions say 1.0.0. Is this suppose to be current?

Then I thought maybe that is the actual look of the game so I looked up gameplay videos on youtube and saw a much sharper image than what I have been playing. 
So I hope someone can help or give me some suggestions. 
Please bear in mind I am not very PC savvy and I did prowl through the internet looking at all the configuration tips. However it has been to no avail.
Also I got the black screen with only sound happening in the beginning. I read somewhere to press F9 and that seemed to work. Not sure what that did though.
Thanks for reading.

Sponsored links

F9 puts it in software mode which is a fixed resolution, although it should work in hardware mode

The first thing you want to do is download 1.4.0 from our site, instead of whatever you got that one.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-16-2017, 11:50 AM)refraction Wrote: F9 puts it in software mode which is a fixed resolution, although it should work in hardware mode

The first thing you want to do is download 1.4.0 from our site, instead of whatever you got that one.

I just uninstalled my PCSX2 and installed the one from this site and I still got the same versions of GSdx 1.0.0 available. The file download was the same.
What download link did you get it from?

(04-16-2017, 12:16 PM)refraction Wrote: What download link did you get it from?

this one
http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windows.html
(04-16-2017, 12:18 PM)Gokanma Wrote: this one
http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windows.html

Am I supposed to be seeing a different version in the GS bios? 
Your site still has it as 1.0.0 unless I downloaded the wrong version?
in the GS Bios? I don't know what you mean. The PCSX2 version is displayed on the main emulator window

(04-16-2017, 12:42 PM)refraction Wrote: in the GS Bios? I don't know what you mean. The PCSX2 version is displayed on the main emulator window

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's fine, GSDX has been version 1.0.0 for a while (we really should up that lol) That's fine.

(04-16-2017, 12:59 PM)refraction Wrote: That's fine, GSDX has been version 1.0.0 for a while (we really should up that lol) That's fine.

Oh ok.

So if my graphics card is up to scratch and I'm picking Direct3D11 hardware it should have a nice sharp image. Though if I have to press F9 to get the visual up (otherwise it has sound and a black screen) and you say that it is toggling software mode...does that mean the game is not actually running the graphics card?