In game UI and 2D elements help
In a number of games I see that the UI and 2D elements such as the HUD can end up looking either too pixelated or have artifact-like lines and other garbage. What settings can I tweak to fix this?

For example in MK Deception even in the menus all the 2D elements have these weird lines, similarly in Killer7 the reticule is blurry/pixelated which is really distracting.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

The most optimal thing you can do for 2D elements is to set „Texture Filtering” to „Nearest” in the graphics settings to fix the garbage lines. If the 2D elements look still too blurry, you can try to set „Anisotropic Filtering” to „Off (Default)”, try every „Half Pixel Offset” setting and/or upscale the internal resolution with these tips. Also always try to use the newest PCSX2 nightly releases.

All this is only general information. It is best if you share your used PCSX2 version with your settings for this game, your computer informations, etc. here. Preferably in the form of an emulog that the emulator creates in the „log” folder (if you do not find emulog in the latest PCSX2 versions, go to „Tools” and tick „Enable File Logging” in the emulator). Good luck! Smile
Hey thanks for the reply, unfortunately none of your suggestions worked. I am using XBSX2 on XBOX Series X. The LRPS2 core for Retroarch is really good here as it I like to add blur shaders at higher resolutions which take off some of the harsh edges but unfortunately it doesn't support savestates.
Retroarch and xbsx2 are both unsupported.
Ask Retroarch/xbsx2 Devs instead if you need support
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go