In-game save on memory card got corrupted.
I'm running 1.1.0r4762,

I'm playing Mana Khemia, and saving in-game regularly.

But suddenly, when I try to save, it gives out the message that there's no memory card in slot one.

Using the PS2 full boost's system's memory card checker, I find out what used to be the save data becomes a corrupted data.

So right now I'm forced to play on save states. Which is working, but might break between PCSX2 version, and more importantly, there might be time the game would require a on-memory-card save to go on. (Like a New Game +)

I once tried delete the corrupt data via PS2 system menu, but unsurprisingly, when I load the savestate to continue, the corrupted data return, making me still unable to save.

How do I make the game savable on memory card again without starting over?

Sponsored links

Hmm. That's tricky. Try creating a new memory card using the memory card interface in PCSX2. Insert it to slot 1, format it in the BIOS, and try to save on that. But I fear the problem may be in your save states themselves and then it can't be fixed.

Also 1.1.0 is unsupported. 1.2.1 is current stable.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
4762 is from what, 2010? 2011?
I would start over with the current version of the emu.
No, wait, I'm sorry, I mistyped. It was r5782, this January

I tried the new card method, which didn't work. So it seems the corruption is within the savestate.

I think I'll finish the game in the savestate, and if there's anything that need a cleared save, I'll just find one on the internet I suppose.
(08-27-2014, 06:16 AM)blasteg Wrote: Using the PS2 full boost's system's memory card checker, I find out what used to be the save data becomes a corrupted data.

That doesn't always mean the save is really corrupted(missing\damage ico n or the file that contains the info the ps2 browser read to display the data can also show the save as corrupted but the actual save may be ok)

(08-27-2014, 06:16 AM)blasteg Wrote: So right now I'm forced to play on save states.

Why?
If the card is not the same as the card used to create the save state,pcsx2 will auto eject and reinsert the card once you load the save state.
Some games are kinda slow and don't notest immediately that the card is different.
Delete the corrupted save(the save may be ok but it need some editing),load the save state and keep trying to access the card from the game until you succeed.

(08-27-2014, 06:16 AM)blasteg Wrote: I once tried delete the corrupt data via PS2 system menu, but unsurprisingly, when I load the savestate to continue, the corrupted data return, making me still unable to save.

That what the old pcsx2 was doing and it can do now and partly is doing.
The old pcsx2 didn't tell the emulator to reinsert the card and the game was always reading the card that was saved into the save state.

It can do it now if the option "Auto-eject memory cards when loading savestates" in Memory Cards is not enabled

And about the "partly" part,as I said some games don't notest immediately if the memory card is changed\different

(08-27-2014, 06:16 AM)blasteg Wrote: How do I make the game savable on memory card again without starting over?

Read what I said above...you can also post the card to see if the save is really corrupted.

Edit:Forgot to say,if you are using bigger card than 8mb,don't...NIS\GUST games don't like cards bigger than 8mb(I have problems with those games on my PS2 while using my Datel Max Memory(64mb) but with the original card(8mb),there are no problems at all
I just downloaded the latest stable, and while it can read the memory card correctly when not reading the savestate, showing a save before the whole corruption happened.

I checked that eject memory card while loading is checked. But when I load the savestate, and try to save, the games tells me there is no memory card inserted.
Keep trying to access the card,it will appear at some point.
But if the save is still corrupted,it may not allow you to save...post the card
Yeah post the card. I can look at it, and if I can't fix it, Vsub can, and if vsub can't fix it, no one can.

I have the game as well so it will be an easy test.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
This is the card, as well as the savestate

The card was read fine without loading the state, and fails to be read after the state is loaded.

As a side note, the game can only be run if I skipped the boot screen of PS2. When I select the disc in the media selection screen, it just turns black for a little while, and return to the media selection screen.
Well you should be using Boot (fast) anyway. Running it through the BIOS like that is not the usual way.