In need of serious help
Sad 
Hey guys, recently I got PCSX2 a few days ago and when I got my first game (Smackdown vs Raw), it runs slow, chopped and screwed which irritates me. Another game I got (Def Jam Fight for NY) had the same problem but worse. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but now evvery option in the plugin selector is non existent. I clicked GS and it slid down like there are options, but nothing is there. I don't know if this is happening cause I have an acer aspire e 15 but please, help me with this ***** nightmare i'm having

Sponsored links

Well, the Acer Aspire e 15 comes with a i3-7100u processor, which is pretty weak for running PCSX2. It's only got a single thread rating of 1379. They recommend at least 1600 for simple games, and above 2000 for the more demanding ones. Also, the processor uses low voltage, which will make it struggle also. While people can easily help you get the plugins to show up, you're not gonna get very good performance with that rig
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(07-17-2017, 09:41 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Well, the Acer Aspire e 15 comes with a i3-7100u processor, which is pretty weak for running PCSX2.  It's only got a single thread rating of 1379.  They recommend at least 1600 for simple games, and above 2000 for the more demanding ones.  Also, the processor uses low voltage, which will make it struggle also.  While people can easily help you get the plugins to show up, you're not gonna get very good performance with that rig

If envisagedOne's notes on your stp are accurate.. I'd say stick with the ps2.  I run a laptop here with right at the same stp, 1380 if I remember right (I checked, 1383 and 1381 on consecutive runs), and even the lightwieght games like ffx were very difficult to run at full speed.  I had to do swtiching between software and hardware mode depending on what the game was doing to maintain a useable fps, and ffx is one of the most smoothest running games on the emulator.  You're just not going to get great performance on that laptop.. sorry man.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(07-17-2017, 11:42 PM)scythefwd Wrote: If envisagedOne's notes on your stp are accurate.. I'd say stick with the ps2.  I run a laptop here with right at the same stp, 1380 if I remember right (I checked, 1383 and 1381 on consecutive runs), and even the lightwieght games like ffx were very difficult to run at full speed.  I had to do swtiching between software and hardware mode depending on what the game was doing to maintain a useable fps, and ffx is one of the most smoothest running games on the emulator.  You're just not going to get great performance on that laptop.. sorry man.

At least I know now that its my laptop and not that the emulator is actually ***** or anything. I'm supposed to be getting a new one soon and hopefully this next one I get runs PCSX2 alot better than this ***** show of a laptop I have