-Using both 0.9.6 and the 1.888beta

Video plugin is Gsdx sse2
-Direct3D 10 (hardware)
-Interlace = none
-Native res is checked

SPU2 (haven't touch it)
Lilypad
Linuz Iso

Now so far I have played with GoW 1 and Vice City Stories. Both starts and run fine but during gameplay the FPS will always fluctuate between a state of 50-60 to 25-35 and that is for both games, no matter what is happening on screen.

I fooled around with the hacks, configuration and such but they all don't make any differences. I've watched some of those YouTube videos from people who were able to achieve steady frame rate and their specs are, for most of them, below mine.

Does the choice of the bios as relevance on performance ie: USA vs Euro?

Is pcsx more cpu or video card dependent? I have noticed that even if the cpu is at 20% the fps might be at 35 but on the other hand it might at 35% and the fps will be at 60.

Is there an option that I am missing somewhere?

Thanks,

Phil

Sponsored links

Quote:Now so far I have played with GoW 1 and Vice City Stories. Both starts and run fine but during gameplay the FPS will always fluctuate between a state of 50-60 to 25-35 and that is for both games, no matter what is happening on screen
your cpu's a bit weak.
did you try latest gsdx ? (from march 2010)
Quote:fooled around with the hacks, configuration and such but they all don't make any differences. I've watched some of those YouTube videos from people who were able to achieve steady frame rate and their specs are, for most of them, below mine

youtube videos are generally played at higher speeds than the real one. Don't trust them.
Quote:Does the choice of the bios as relevance on performance ie: USA vs Euro?
just dump the one from your own PS2
Quote:Is pcsx more cpu or video card dependent
more cpu dependant, most of the time
Quote:I have noticed that even if the cpu is at 20% the fps might be at 35 but on the other hand it might at 35% and the fps will be at 60.
actually, this is your gpu load which displayed in gsdx. Not your cpu
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well I don't want to tote my own horn but I believe my cpu is still considered high end. I made a mistake with my specs, I just wrote Phenom when it should've said Phenom II.

What version would that be?

The one I have is the latest on the pcsx2.net and I also have the beta 1.888. Is there another version I am not aware of?

Thanks

Phil
(03-17-2010, 08:23 PM)24fps Wrote: Well I don't want to tote my own horn but I believe my cpu is still considered high end. I made a mistake with my specs, I just wrote Phenom when it should've said Phenom II.

What version would that be?

The one I have is the latest on the pcsx2.net and I also have the beta 1.888. Is there another version I am not aware of?

Thanks

Phil
its still weak

my Phenom II dualcore is better for emulating, see if you want a good emulating CPU it should be around 3Ghz+ for it to be considered not weak, and tacking on 1000 cores would not help with emulation since this emulator can only use 2 cores atm. your cpu is not considered high end either, its a high-mid range now. once i get the cooling i will have a quad running at 4.5ghz or more. and thats without buying anything but the cooling
a CPU that's not considered weakish:

C2D at 3.2GHz+
I5/i7 at 3.0GHz+
Phenom II at 3.6GHz+ (is this about right, I added some GHz because C2D/i5/i7 has SSE4.1 and more instructions per clock)
(03-17-2010, 10:24 PM)sakraycore Wrote: a CPU that's not considered weakish:

C2D at 3.2GHz+
I5/i7 at 3.0GHz+
Phenom II at 3.6GHz+ (is this about right, I added some GHz because C2D/i5/i7 has SSE4.1 and more instructions per clock)

Let me add
Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz (equipped with great Video Card)
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Quote:Let me add
Wrong. That will not be enough for most games.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

ever tried shadow of the colossus on this kind of rig ? Even a 2.2 ghz dual core is bound to perform better.
(03-18-2010, 02:25 PM)Bositman Wrote:
Wrong. That will not be enough for most games.

Can run FF-X greatly lol. But not 100% great, and i can get 100% speed, but sometimes the graphics flicker (only sometimes,hehe Tongue)
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
considering FFX is one of the less intensive games under pcsx2, I don't think you chose a good example