Individual Button Sensitivities working well / Macro "trigger" question
I'd like to thank the development team for implementing the individual button sensitivity feature in Controller settings on the QT builds.

This is an important feature that existed back in Lilypad on the widget builds and to my delight, it seems that the equivalent per button sensitivities has been implemented on the QT builds. I'm not sure when this was implemented, but thank you, thank you very much for whoever implemented this feature. This means now that even if you don't have a gamepad with pressure sensitive face buttons, you can set any button to a specific (emulated) sensitivity % to produce the desired in-game actions for each button.

The way this was implemented on the QT builds seem to work pretty well. For example, when playing NCAA football, with my Logitech F310, which doesn't have pressure sensitive face buttons, on the latest QT build, in order to make the QB do a slide, I shift-click on the square button and am able to set the square button's "sensitivity" to 60% or lower. If it's 61% or higher he'll always do a dive. With this feature, I can have the square button at 60% sensitivity to enable QB slides while being able to leave the other buttons at 100% sensitivity. If I was forced to lower the sensitivity to 60 % for all the other buttons then it would cause other button's passes to not be thrown as hard, or running moves that are tied to other buttons to not be as strong or effective, etc.

So being able to lower the sensitivity for each button individually is critical to producing the desired in-game actions particularly when playing with a gamepad that doesn't have pressure sensitive face buttons, while being able to have standard actions for other buttons.

I do have a question related to it. Here's the part that I'm a little confused about :

So, now that I have my Square button set at 60%, so I can do QB slides in NCAA football, with the other buttons at 100% sensitivity, I wanted to see if I can produce a 100% square button sensitivity action if I held down the X button while pressing the Square button, as opposed to just pressing the Square button which would produce the 60% sensitivity action.

In Macros, it appears to be designed to allow that, through the "combination of buttons (chords)" feature under "Trigger" with the Square button checked above under "Binds / Buttons". However setting it this way (X and [ ] under "Trigger") doesn't appear to be working the way it sounded like it would, as when I set X and [ ] as a combination of buttons (chord) under "Trigger", it doesn't seem to work as intended, as instead of needing both buttons to be pressed in order to produce a 100% sensitivity (as opposed to 60% with just pressing [ ]) what happens is it produces the 100% sensitivity action now if I press X OR [ ].

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just not understanding how the macro Trigger feature is supposed to work, but it seems to me that I should be able to program a 100% sensitivity "square" button press by holding X and pressing [ ] through the "Trigger" option vs only having the 60% sensitivity button press if I just press [ ]. Is this supposed to be possible through the macros "Trigger" feature? Isn't that what setting a "combination of buttons (chord)" would do as a "Trigger"?

In any event, I am very pleased with the ability to have individual button sensitivity. It's a great feature, and it seems to be well designed. I'm really grateful that the developers implemented this functionality.

Any assistance or clarification on the Macros trigger question would be appreciated.

Sponsored links