Input delay with DS2?
Recently noticed that there seems to be a delay when selecting settings or browsing in ingame menus, i think it even does in the BIOS. When navigating up/down, theres a pretty big delay, this doesnt happen on the actual PS2, tested side by side. Had some suspicion of this beforehand, that something was off, but when side by side this is very noticeable. Though not ingame, but when in a menu for exampel its very noticible, the sound comes after you press the button.
Is there a fix for this? Is this normal in PCSX2 or is it my PS2 to USB adapter delaying?

Another thing, noticed that when i played the actual SSX disk (which is a blue cd), the game lags, dvd drive is a fairly new 24x dvd speed 48x cd, faster then PS2's dvd drive. I suspect this is the CAV mode not being active in my drive?

Sponsored links

(04-10-2017, 10:26 PM)Aggressor22 Wrote: Recently noticed that there seems to be a delay when selecting settings or browsing in ingame menus, i think it even does in the BIOS. When navigating up/down, theres a pretty big delay, this doesnt happen on the actual PS2, tested side by side. Had some suspicion of this beforehand, that something was off, but when side by side this is very noticeable. Though not ingame, but when in a menu for exampel its very noticible, the sound comes after you press the button.
Is there a fix for this? Is this normal in PCSX2 or is it my PS2 to USB adapter delaying?

Another thing, noticed that when i played the actual SSX disk (which is a blue cd), the game lags, dvd drive is a fairly new 24x dvd speed 48x cd, faster then PS2's dvd drive. I suspect this is the CAV mode not being active in my drive?
Reading from an .ISO is always faster regardless. Your PC's drive speed doesn't matter as it will still read at the PS2's speed.

As for the delay, it sounds like you need to lower the latency in SPU2-X
(04-10-2017, 11:51 PM)CK1 Wrote: Reading from an .ISO is always faster regardless. Your PC's drive speed doesn't matter as it will still read at the PS2's speed.

As for the delay, it sounds like you need to lower the latency in SPU2-X

Ok il try that with the delay. I know iso is faster, but shouldnt the dvd drive be able to read fine just as PS2 does? It was unplayable. Got alot of original PS2 games on disc.
Sounded like it wasnt reading the whole, but 'bursting', while the ps2 just constantly reads it. Looking up on this the consoles dvd drive has CAV, assume the pc dvd drive has this aswel but not adjusted for games streaming off a disc?

Edit:

Another problem i have with the controller is that when i boot my pc, then PCSX2, the analog light doesnt automaticly come on, like it does on the PS2 when starting a game, this isnt a real problem, but if its easy to fix then why not.
More serious problem is sometimes when playing, force feedback just 'hangs' and keeps rumbling till i disconnect it and connect again.
Lowering latency to 30ms fixed the delay, feels more like PS2 now, why is the standard setting on 100ms? Any side effects lowering this?
Tried another plugin for the disc drive, a old plugin from 2008, cdvd.dll, its better but also 'hangs for a sec' during gameplay. Any other known plugins that might be better? My dvd drive seems to be spinning @ max which is noisy while on ps2 its queit yet doesnt lag.
No problems with image file of the same disc/game. Its entirely drive related.
Using old CDVD plugins will be slower and is likely to cause unexpected errors. If you have a USB CDVD drive like I used to, it will be about 30-50% than an internal SATA CDVD drive. Blue PS2 disks are used for smaller PS2 games, so I would seriously recommend ripping it to your HDD to eliminate the stutter.
(04-11-2017, 04:42 PM)CK1 Wrote: Using old CDVD plugins will be slower and is likely to cause unexpected errors. If you have a USB CDVD drive like I used to, it will be about 30-50%  than an internal SATA CDVD drive.  Blue PS2 disks are used for smaller PS2 games, so I would seriously recommend ripping it to your HDD to eliminate the stutter.

Its an internal fairly new NEC SATA drive. I have ripped about half of my original PS2 games to the HDD, which is faster and better and preserves my originals, some games like SSX where bought on launch and are in good condition.
Just the fact that the PS2 with its 4x can read them without problems whilst a new pc dvd drive (48x speed cd 24x dvd) doesnt hold up. I mean, there is a plugin in PCSX2 but it or the drives dont hold up, so why they exist? Just a suggestion to fix it might be something simple, the thing i noticed is that the dvd drive goes on full speed the whole time, not constantly reading like PS2 does, therefor the hanging.