InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(08-21-2014, 04:57 PM)Typo Wrote: Wow, great branch of the DS4 tool (this is the best clearly).

So, advertisements aside, awesome improvements and thanks for all the hard work your clearly putting into this.

I am wondering if there is a possibility of adding a Power Off option on a per controller basis? I think it would be handy to just right click a controller and be able to power it off and I think the wording Power helps make it clear a lot better than something like Disconnect Bluetooth.

Thanks again for all your work and I hope you consider my idea.

I will try and make a donation next payday but it is not due to the advertisements or any promise to remove them, it is due to your hard work and me refusing to let how much putting those ads there annoy me prevent me from sending you some well deserved kudos.

I appreciate that.

While there i no direct way to signal a power of command to the controller, disconnecting it BT connection usually has the effect of shutting down the controller as a byproduct, this is done controller side via PS+Share, are you saying it would be helpful to have this on the application as well?
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

jhebbel, I do understand you are doing your best to keep the driver up and running for the community and just like someone said previously I also thank you for that, great work.

It does work great!

Regarding the question about DS3 and DS4 controls, do you think there might be a possibility in the future that function could be implemented on your application?

The issue is that I only have one DS4 control, and my friends have DS3 ones, so was wondering if they could all get along; that would be a great add-on!

Still I'm going to do some testing myself when I grab a DS3 controller and see if there is any way to bypass, or make it work; although I'm scared there might be a BSOD lol.
Thanks for the support and great work.
(08-21-2014, 05:15 PM)jhebbel Wrote: I appreciate that.

While there i no direct way to signal a power of command to the controller, disconnecting it BT connection usually has the effect of shutting down the controller as a byproduct, this is done controller side via PS+Share, are you saying it would be helpful to have this on the application as well?

I wasn't aware you could do that and when trying it myself, it doesn't seem to work for me.

I was doing the old "hold down PS for 10 seconds" route but the problem with that is if Steam is open, the PS button held triggers Big Picture Mode so I cant shut off the controller without opening Big Picture.

I think it would be a handy option.

I love the extra options in your version of this app but I have to be honest and say I feel your ruining it with the ads and registration system. I would prefer to have the option to donate or to just have to pay for it rather than the spamming approach you have chosen. Just my two cents...

Thanks again Smile
(08-21-2014, 05:44 PM)DarkWolfx Wrote: jhebbel, I do understand you are doing your best to keep the driver up and running for the community and just like someone said previously I also thank you for that, great work.

It does work great!

Regarding the question about DS3 and DS4 controls, do you think there might be a possibility in the future that function could be implemented on your application?

The issue is that I only have one DS4 control, and my friends have DS3 ones, so was wondering if they could all get along; that would be a great add-on!

Still I'm going to do some testing myself when I grab a DS3 controller and see if there is any way to bypass, or make it work; although I'm scared there might be a BSOD lol.
Thanks for the support and great work.

well nothing is beyond possible, however I do not own a DS3 to test or develop with and its almost impossible to develope for hardware blind, Even if I had one the feature request list is getting long and DS3 support is not something I hear much, infact I think you are only the 2nd to ask about it. Trying it out shouldn't result in a BSOD though as these programs don't really have much direct hardware access, the worst you will get is a crash report.

(08-21-2014, 05:47 PM)Typo Wrote: I wasn't aware you could do that and when trying it myself, it doesn't seem to work for me.

I was doing the old "hold down PS for 10 seconds" route but the problem with that is if Steam is open, the PS button held triggers Big Picture Mode so I cant shut off the controller without opening Big Picture.

I think it would be a handy option.

I love the extra options in your version of this app but I have to be honest and say I feel your ruining it with the ads and registration system. I would prefer to have the option to donate or to just have to pay for it rather than the spamming approach you have chosen. Just my two cents...

Thanks again Smile

Sorry, thats PS+Options, As far as the registration, thats completely optional and is just (for now) used to remove ads from premium accounts. Unfortunately I running into some pretty hefty server usage as a direct result of this application and have had to implement ads in order to attempt to offset the cost as the one thing that would likely turn me away from further development is if I had to pay out of pocket to support it. I do my best to keep the ad unobtrusive and since the app sits in the tray there really haven't been many complaints except from one fella that though I was getting rich off of ScarletCrushes hard work, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Hey, heading to bed but wanted to add this quick post, sorry for the back to back posts.

Your program locked up on me, I couldn't use options or anything, had to kill it. I opened it back up and I notice that it is utilizing my harddrive and was kind of shocked to see your tool scanning through my Steam game files. I immediately closed the program as I would not expect the app to do this and would love to have you explain what was going on there.

On a side note about the PS3 controller idea, DS3 almost certainly would never work via Bluetooth in conjunction with anything else, its too picky and requires hijacking the whole BT stack. Still, I was myself hoping to see at least wired PS3 controller support added into this tool as it would be super handy for me.

Thanks again again Smile

(08-21-2014, 05:53 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Sorry, thats PS+Options, As far as the registration, thats completely optional and is just (for now) used to remove ads from premium accounts. Unfortunately I running into some pretty hefty server usage as a direct result of this application and have had to implement ads in order to attempt to offset the cost as the one thing that would likely turn me away from further development is if I had to pay out of pocket to support it. I do my best to keep the ad unobtrusive and since the app sits in the tray there really haven't been many complaints except from one fella that though I was getting rich off of ScarletCrushes hard work, which couldn't be further from the truth.

If you need help with some hosting, let me know what your current bandwidth has jumped to and perhaps I can be of help.

I understand needing to cover server costs, I face the same yearly. My problem is I can't help but speak my mind and the approach you have taken drives me nuts. It unfortunately reminded me of MotionJoy in all its spamming glory. Heck, the other app didn't trigger a firewall alert and seeing yours do that was an instant red flag for me but I do completely understand. Smile
(08-21-2014, 05:54 PM)Typo Wrote: Hey, heading to bed but wanted to add this quick post, sorry for the back to back posts.

Your program locked up on me, I couldn't use options or anything, had to kill it. I opened it back up and I notice that it is utilizing my harddrive and was kind of shocked to see your tool scanning through my Steam game files. I immediately closed the program as I would not expect the app to do this and would love to have you explain what was going on there.

On a side note about the PS3 controller idea, DS3 almost certainly would never work via Bluetooth in conjunction with anything else, its too picky and requires hijacking the whole BT stack. Still, I was myself hoping to see at least wired PS3 controller support added into this tool as it would be super handy for me.

Thanks again again Smile

Its for the automatic profile switching feature, it generates a list of installed games and allows you to select which profile to automatically switch to when certain games are launched, Currently in 1.4 it scans the entire Program files folder to find executables that could be used in this manner, but there have been issues on slower or bogged down HDs where the scan seems to hijack HD access until complete making it appear to lock up (though it is in fact just still scanning in the BG). This is somthing I hope to improve on in my 1.5 release as it is a bit clunky right now.

As for the disconnect BT on the application side I just implemented it into the work in progress 1.5 alpha, good idea
[Image: 08.21.2014-11.54.png]

Issues with the server is that basic hosting plans will not cut it otherwise I would grab a $5 plan from HostGator or GoDaddy and not worry about it, but the load has been in a steady incline over the past month or so and right now i'm getting about 100k requests a day with about 50GB in bandwidth, more than enough to piss of any provider you have a basic account with lol. Stability has also been a concern in the past as peak times and loads would cause the HostGator server to crash until I spent some time working with them and getting a proper server setup going.

(08-21-2014, 05:58 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Its for the automatic profile switching feature, it generates a list of installed games and allows you to select which profile to automatically switch to when certain games are launched, Currently in 1.4 it scans the entire Program files folder to find executables that could be used in this manner, but there have been issues on slower or bogged down HDs where the scan seems to hijack HD access until complete making it appear to lock up (though it is in fact just still scanning in the BG). This is somthing I hope to improve on in my 1.5 release as it is a bit clunky right now.

I have games installed on multiple drives, some of which sleep/hibernate. Also, this was well outside of the program files folder, it was on the external drives in steam folders and I bet a sleeping drive caused the issue or the fact I have over 830 installed games.

I would make this scan optional ASAP so people like me who don't care for pre scanning and yet have a ***** ton of games on multiple drives aren't getting the HD needlessly thrashed (not to mention their system snooped by an app with direct internet access).
(08-21-2014, 05:58 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [Image: 08.21.2014-11.54.png]

The new UI is looking even better.

(08-21-2014, 05:58 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Issues with the server is that basic hosting plans will not cut it otherwise I would grab a $5 plan from HostGator or GoDaddy and not worry about it, but the load has been in a steady incline over the past month or so and right now i'm getting about 100k requests a day with about 50GB in bandwidth, more than enough to piss of any provider you have a basic account with lol. Stability has also been a concern in the past as peak times and loads would cause the HostGator server to crash until I spent some time working with them and getting a proper server setup going.

As for the hosting, I host 5 of my own domains and 2 other peoples on top of doing all my web dev work on my own VPS. I have quite a bit of spare resources so just let me know if you need help.
(08-21-2014, 06:05 PM)Typo Wrote: I have games installed on multiple drives, some of which sleep this was well outside of the program files folder, it was on the external drives in steam folders and I bet a sleeping drive caused the issue or the fact I have over 830 installed games.

I would make this scan optional ASAP so people like me who don't care for pre scanning and yet have a ***** ton of games on multiple drives aren't getting the HD needlessly thrashed (not to mention their system snooped by an app with direct internet access).

It should only look at the folder that is dedicated by your system as the program folder, the only time it goes outside is to check if the active app or window is one defined in the application switching feature. In the future ill probably just eliminate the drive crawling and make it a manual add list.