InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
Star 
Please note: As of February 2015 our primary source of support for this project has moved to our own forums to allow us to better organize and manage issues. https://inputmapper.com/forum is the new URL. Users who already have a DSDCS account from donating or just because log in using that account.

InputMapper 2 is nearing final release. It is designed to support all kinds of controllers, is plugin driven, and has even more mapping options made possible with mapping plugins. IM2 Beta is currently available at https://inputmapper.com

Automatic profile switching based on active application, Adjustable stick sensitivity and curves for pinpoint accuracy, highly configurable custom macros, button combinations for macros to extend the functionality, full trackpad to mouse support, full rumble support (with rumble compatible games).

Requirements:
- Windows Vista SP1, 7, 8, 8.1
- .NET 4.5.2 *
- C++ Common runtime libraries *
- USB 2.0
- SC Virtual Bus Drivers *
- Micro USB cable **
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR minimum Broadcom chipset (Windows BT stack) ***

* Bundled with installer
**Required for wired mode only. USB cable must be a full data capable cable. The USB that comes with PS4 and most cellphones are good for charge only.
*** Required for bluetooth wireless mode only. While some users have had success on stacks other than the Windows stack, the Windows BT stack is by far the most successful.
*** Due to the constraints of the project, and the cost involved in developing for varying hardware, we are unable to fully guarantee compatibility with various BT adapters, the best we can do is to say which ones have worked for us thus far, it is recommended to visit our forum thread and ask around for suggestions from other users who have had success with various BT adapters.

A Note About Donations
A donation of $2 or more to the project will result in your login being upgraded so ads are removed from the tool.

Donate HERE (via PayPal)

Help and Tutorials:
How to install and pair the DS4 with your PC
How to map non controller supported games to your DS4
How to use macros to to steady my aim in first person shooters
How to disable the DS4 lightbar but still use it to determine battery level
Having trouble pairing? Try these steps.

Clean easy to navigate GUI
Improved GUI makes accessing the programs features more intuitive and user friendly

Advanced stick mapping and control
Allows for precise stick tuning giving greater precision and control in game

Easy Button Mapping
With presets for common mapping for non controller supported games using WASD, Arrows, Mouse and more

Web Interface
Add full control to your controller and the DS4Windows tool without ever having to leave your couch

Primarily usefull with NYKO's new cellphone clip for the DS4, but can be used without.

Shows live controller information through AJAX

Fully customizable macro programming
Incase the DS4 does not hae enough features for you out of the box, you can add more using our WYSIWYG macro creator

Create macros that do simple keystrokes or advance key combinations

Change controller settings via macro

Trigger macros not just with single button presses, but with button combinations and trackpad gestures, giving your controller an unlimited number of button possibilities.

Download the latest installer HERE
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

Instead of adding applications through navigating to their directories, how come you didn't just do the one where you can just type the process name and just press enter? Faster no? Would also make the program more portable. If one decides to change directories of this program or others, one wouldn't have to renavigate the location or to the location.

Game profiles are a good idea because I can rearrange the dpad and change the triggers to keyboard mappings to support older games individually that came out in the 90s that read some buttons wrong with xinput Wink
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(05-28-2014, 05:21 AM)shinra358 Wrote: Instead of adding applications through navigating to their directories, how come you didn't just do the one where you can just type the process name and just press enter? Faster no? Would also make the program more portable. If one decides to change directories of this program or others, one wouldn't have to renavigate the location or to the location.

Game profiles are a good idea because I can rearrange the dpad and change the triggers to keyboard mappings to support older games individually that came out in the 90s that read some buttons wrong with xinput Wink
The application is not meant to be portable, nor do I see the benefit of it being so.
Applications that do sensing use the executables for the following reasons;
1) Process name is not the same as window name and it can be hard for the user to actually know what it is
2) Process.name is an optional paramater and many application dont even use it
3) Process.name is subject to change at any time at the applications descression
4) Several processes can have the same name, it is not required to be unique

For the time being until somebody invents a better way, sensing the executable is the most accepted way to do such a task, besides you set it up once and never have to fiddle with it again.

At the risk of looking like a complete idiot, how do you actually make a new profile? Also, I'm having bluetooth connectivity issues, it drops out regularly. Do you think that's a software thing or a bluetooth receiver thing? I've never had problems with bluetooth before using keyboards and the like, but maybe the transmitter in the controller isn't as powerful.
(05-28-2014, 03:36 PM)STARFIGHTER Wrote: At the risk of looking like a complete idiot, how do you actually make a new profile? Also, I'm having bluetooth connectivity issues, it drops out regularly. Do you think that's a software thing or a bluetooth receiver thing? I've never had problems with bluetooth before using keyboards and the like, but maybe the transmitter in the controller isn't as powerful.

Well, it would appear I've forgotten a create profile button lol. Ill fix that right away.

As for the BT dropouts, how regularly? is it a second or two after pairing or do you actually get some use in then it disappears?

The former is either a pairing/configuration issue or unsupported dongle;

The later is usually windows forcing the device into powersave mode or unstable connection, this issue has been more apparent in pre windows 8.0 OSs as Windows 8 seems to handle BT better. Updating drivers may also fix this.

It seems to happen after a couple of minutes, so I think your powersave or whatever idea may be correct. I'll see if I can find some motherboard bt drivers or some settings to change.
@jheb: KrossX made Insomnia and Insomnia reads process names only for example. One could just type in the exe name of the program (because it is always the same name as its process) and Insomnia would know that it is on and it will act when it see the process running. The process name (exe name) of an application doesn't change at any time unless that application is a virus. Also, the only processes that have the same name is that svchost.exe only used by windows. Add button > user would type in the process name > press enter or ok > exe is added to the list. To delete, highlight the exe on the list > press a delete button. I've seen programs that do this also with just typing in the actual exe name without the extention of .exe too.

Was not talking about just this program and portability though, but any program on the computer that you can link to through this program. Currently I have to go through about 10 folders just to get to apps. Then if I take those apps in a portable drive or somebody else's in a portable drive I would have to reconfigure and renavigate those programs that I would have programs for, for example. If the user clicked the program (game, app, etc.) to actually use it, how would they not know what it is? The way you have it now, they are linking to the same exe that they will be using. So there would be no difference there except one would be faster.
Also, there aren't any programs that are games, video players, or editing software, etc. that have the same exe.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(05-28-2014, 03:50 PM)shinra358 Wrote: @jheb: KrossX made Insomnia and Insomnia reads process names only for example. One could just type in the exe name of the program (because it is always the same name as its process) and Insomnia would know that it is on and it will act when it see the process running. The process name (exe name) of an application doesn't change at any time unless that application is a virus. Also, the only processes that have the same name is that svchost.exe only used by windows. Add button > user would type in the process name > press enter or ok > exe is added to the list. To delete, highlight the exe on the list > press a delete button. I've seen programs that do this also with just typing in the actual exe name without the extention of .exe too.

Was not talking about just this program and portability though, but any program on the computer that you can link to through this program. Currently I have to go through about 10 folders just to get to apps. Then if I take those apps in a portable drive or somebody else's in a portable drive I would have to reconfigure and renavigate those programs that I would have programs for, for example. If the user clicked the program (game, app, etc.) to actually use it, how would they not know what it is? The way you have it now, they are linking to the same exe that they will be using. So there would be no difference there except one would be faster.
Also, there aren't any programs that are games, video players, or editing software, etc. that have the same exe.

This is not the industry standard, I'm much more comfortable sticking with what is commonly used. Additionally I don't want to force onto less experienced users the process of having to find out what a true process name is, Besides I don't see how figuring out what the name of a process is and typing it in is any more time saving than simply click it in a list. Furthermore if you have a game that is constantly changing directories (sounds odd but ok) you can simply create a sense item for each one and attach the same profile, no need to constantly change one item every time it changes. Further-furthermore EXE names are very commonly left blank by developers and you can absolutely have multiple instances of the same exe running but from different paths, Launcher.exe being one example.

(05-28-2014, 03:45 PM)STARFIGHTER Wrote: It seems to happen after a couple of minutes, so I think your powersave or whatever idea may be correct. I'll see if I can find some motherboard bt drivers or some settings to change.

If you run check for updates I have added the new profile button tot he profiles window for now

Crashed on check for updates, does it keep a log someplace I can give you?