InputMapper is offering a $500 reward for the development of a DS3 plugin.
ahh makes sense, turned off hotlink blocking in cloudflare until I set up a hotlink safe folder.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

Yeah, I see it now.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Pretty sure iirc that the issue with DS3 pads is that they are HID native but require a wake up command that isn't provided by the MSFT hid-controller driver

Quote:[Note the Dual PSX-USB Adaptor displays in Devices and Printers, but not in Game Controllers]

There is one issue with it though, it requires a Start command to be sent to wake it up before it will start issuing Reports. This is a well known issue, Linux has had a kernel quirk for it for a long time.

The Start command is a Set Feature Report with Report ID 0xF4, the problem is this Feature Report is not in the HID Descriptor. So it is not accessible from a user application. The HidUsb driver will refuse any Report ID that is not included in the HID Descriptor.

To get around this it is possible to write a Lower Filter driver which can issue the Set Feature Report. The following is code from a filter driver which modifies the Report ID and TransferBuffer contents, of a User application issued Set Feature Report with Report ID 0xEE (valid in HID Descriptor), to issue the Start Command.

example code for the startup filter is in this post