Insane quality: How?
(03-17-2013, 01:21 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Start with you elaborating, I mean, we can't really say how fluid will be the play without knowing the machine specs.

With speedhacks is meant those gauges at the "speedhacks" tab or using an aggressive preset. To mention the two most common, VU cycle stealing and EE cyclerate are speedhacks which increase the FPS by reducing the amount of things the emulator ... emulates, so is like it is skipping actual motions and then less things happen in each those many frames... what translates in loss of synchronism and or lag (and then, not fluid).

Alright. I am using speedhacks, and admittedly it boosts my fps about fourfold. But even without them activated, I get stable above 80fps readings. And sorry about the sloppy spec info earlier, happens if you're on a phone.

Specs:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHz
Clarkdale 32nm Technology

RAM
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H55M-USB3 (Socket 1156)

Graphics
BenQ EW2420 (1920x1080@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Memory 1024 MB
Memory type 2
Driver version 9.18.13.1090

Hard Drives
977GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 (SATA)
313GB Western Digital WDC WD3202ABYS-01B7A0 (SATA)

Help any?

Sponsored links

You should get fluid gameplay with that machine at something like 3x Internal resolution in that game.

The answer from the video author told you the extended fluidity was accomplished in post processing. Let's just give an extreme example, one could get marvelous fluidity at normal speed on video even if taking minutes to render each frame on real time.
Imagination is where we are truly real
But I still have the problem. My emulatzor manages 60 fps no sweat, but the graphics still look "choppy" as though they were running at 30 fps. It happens in FFX, KH2FM and RE:COM, that's all the games I play on it for now.
If using speedhacks you can't expect the same fluidity than normal play, besides I'm not sure about those games but some games run at smaller "actual" FPS that are then increased to match the TV standard (that's the reason console games Must run at 60 or 50 FPS).

On the actual PS2 the games sometimes feel choppy as well.
(03-17-2013, 06:03 PM)DramaticTension Wrote: But I still have the problem. My emulatzor manages 60 fps no sweat, but the graphics still look "choppy" as though they were running at 30 fps. It happens in FFX, KH2FM and RE:COM, that's all the games I play on it for now.
Try to put the EE thingy on 1, maybe?
If it's already on 1, put it higher.
Play around with the presets.
Processor: AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~ 2.4 GHz
RAM: 4096MB = 4.1 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
(03-17-2013, 06:15 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: If using speedhacks you can't expect the same fluidity than normal play, besides I'm not sure about those games but some games run at smaller "actual" FPS that are then increased to match the TV standard (that's the reason console games Must run at 60 or 50 FPS).

On the actual PS2 the games sometimes feel choppy as well.

Sometimes when there's a lot of things going on, the game would slow down and get even more choppy, even though it's still at 60fps. It's like emulating theslowdown an actual machine would have, is this normal? Also, I quit using speedhacks and it runs fine on internal 1080p.
At the edit I told you (briefly) how those speedhacks do act. VU cyclestealing is the main responsible for the game feeling lagging even when the actual FPS is kept high (that's because the actual motion is being clamped). The problem is without it the actual FPS fall down with yet more perceptible and drastic consequences.

Remember: Speedhacks are a compromise, not a miraculous panacea, otherwise they would be part of normal emulation and not hacks. The only solution in the actual stage, to get standard FPS without speedhacks is having machine powerful enough to emulate very quickly. And when I say powerful I mean it.

Edit: Sorry, by mistake the edit I mentioned above was not included, so follows.

EE cyclerate acts reducing the clock the PS2 "real" EE (Emotion Engine CPU) would run, making it easy to the actual PC CPU to emulate in due time.

VU cyclestealing does what the name says, it skip some actual processing (and this reflects in the graphics because the VU or vector unities deal mostly with graphics). It's not so drastic as whole Frame Skip but...
(03-17-2013, 06:29 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The only solution in the actual stage, to get standard FPS without speedhacks is having machine powerful enough to emulate very quickly. And when I say powerful I mean it.

So a 460 and an i5 won't cut it? Seems kinda ridiculous. I can run the thing at full HD internally, and I get the chops even when I'm playing in the original resolution. Somehow I don't think machine capability is a factor here.
(03-17-2013, 06:32 PM)DramaticTension Wrote: Somehow I don't think machine capability is a factor here.

Then you'll have to find a solution yourself...
KHII is medium-high demanding. And meanwhile a good I5 @ 3.4 ghz will be enough, a 460 won't be sometimes.

just as a side answer : what do the ee% & GS% say when it slows down ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-17-2013, 06:42 PM)jesalvein Wrote: What do the ee% & GS% say when it slows down ?

GS almost never jumps over even 50% in limit FPS mode, though EE goes on about 80-95% on screens where there are many objects.