Insane quality: How?
Good day, sirs. I'm new to the forums, one of the only reasons being this video.

It seems to be at 60 FPS, saturated and even some post-processing effects seem to be present. How does one achieve this level of quality? I have the same game as the chap in the video and it's locked at 30 FPS.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

Well this person obviously has a good pc. Use the direct Direct3d11 or 10 Hardware in your gpu settings and also set a 1920 x 1080 internal resolution and enable Texture Filtering. I have that quality on mine and running at 60fps with perfect sound emulation.

What are your pc specs?
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
I got a GTX 460 1GB, i5 650 @ 3.2Ghz and 8 gigs of RAM. Could you point me to the plugin you are using? I use GSDX and I have texture filtering, the emulator says it's 60 FPS and can even jump to 220 FPS when I disable frame limiting. The problem is I don't get how they managed to get a 30 FPS locked game to play on fluid 60 FPS.
Why do you think the game is locked on 30 FPS? As far as I know none of the PS2 games are Fps locked, well besides 60 FPS for NTSC and 50 FPS for PAL.
(03-17-2013, 02:37 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: Why do you think the game is locked on 30 FPS? As far as I know none of the PS2 games are Fps locked, well besides 60 FPS for NTSC and 50 FPS for PAL.

Are you sure? The game seems waaay choppier in my game than it does on the video and I'm running it at 100% constantly.

EDIT: Okay, so the guy who made the video replied to my PM, and this is what he wrote.
Quote:You have sharp eyes! Haha.

Yes, the fluidity in the motion is not a setting in the PCSX2. It's a post-processing effect added by Sony Vegas called "Reel Smart Motion Blur."

Adding the effect results in the fluid motion you see in my KH2 Final Mix videos.

It works great. I would use it all the time if it weren't for the fact that encoding time is significantly increased when applying the effect to a video.

I hope this is what you were looking for!
This answers my questions. I thought it seemed too fluid for PCSX2. But it sure would be nice if we had some post-processing effects, huh?
Yeah I'm almost positive, but your PC should be able to run KH decently. What you could try and atleast leave it in DX10/11 Hardware is to start with Native 2x or 3x and see how it runs, also make sure that you've upgraded your graphic card drivers to the latest and make sure that you're running the latest of the version of PCSX2, which you can get here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Also make sure that you made an Image out of your disc, cause that will make the game also run a bit more faster. Make sure that you make the Image (ISO) with Imgburn, which you can get here:
www.imgburn.com
I have my internal resolution at 2560x1440 and it can still run up to 200fps. It SAYS I have 60 fps but it doesn't look like it at all.
if you are using speedhacks, it'll fake fps counter.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-17-2013, 11:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: if you are using speedhacks, it'll fake fps counter.

I don't understand, could you elaborate?
(03-17-2013, 12:32 PM)DramaticTension Wrote: I don't understand, could you elaborate?

Start with you elaborating, I mean, we can't really say how fluid will be the play without knowing the machine specs.

With speedhacks is meant those gauges at the "speedhacks" tab or using an aggressive preset. To mention the two most common, VU cycle stealing and EE cyclerate are speedhacks which increase the FPS by reducing the amount of things the emulator ... emulates, so is like it is skipping actual motions and then less things happen in each those many frames... what translates in loss of synchronism and or lag (and then, not fluid).
Imagination is where we are truly real