Installation Problem
I got the PCSX2 Installer because it sounded like it might be easier to install then the binary download or maybe the binary has another purpose, but I of course just want to be able to play PS2 games on my computer since my PS3 isn't compatible with a specific game I bought.

The error message had something to do with it not having access to the Virtual Memory and it told me how to fix it but I think the directions were inaccurate for Vista. Could you tell me how to fix this problem or give me a more recommended version for me? Here are my computer statistics, it's a pretty good computer so it shouldn't have any problems with speed:

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: XPS M1530
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (I keep it up-to-date)
Processor: Intel Core2 CPU T8300 @ 2.40Ghz 2.40Ghz
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

Thanks!

Sponsored links

just let it reboot or try the new SVN
SVN? Link?
it's a sticky
I think you downloaded an old VM version of PCSX2 and you have Vista 64bit. Download a newer version, the VM Version doesn´t exit anymore.
System

CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @3 Ghz
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTX (768Mb)
RAM: OZC 4GB DDR2-800
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP35-DS3
64bit vm worked (I should know, I had it) but yea, it's old for sure
It just talks about snapshots, I dunno what a snapshot is...

I dunno how all the weird stuff works, isn't there something that just installs it on your computer and you can just use it? I need a link to the things you're talking about or I might get the wrong thing.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html read the post throually
Downloaded it and tried opening it after using Win-Rar to unpack it or whatever and got this message:

"This application has failed to start because gnu_gettext.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

And then when I press "Ok" a windows message says the program isn't working properly and shuts it down. I tried instlling 5 times with no luck.
Quote:Installation instructions:
- For now, you must have the latest pcsx2 playground official release as a base. If you don't, download the package from pcsx2.net.
- Download the latest svn snapshot from this topic. Extract the files and copy them to the pcsx2 folder
- Use them to run games
- Please delete the .ini files in the inis folder and reconfigure the emulator before actually running games.

now.. what part did you forget?