Intel HD 2000+ seems to be supported?
Hello everyone.

i'm used to using PCSX2 for a while and I wanted to test a few things with the Emulator on my Mrs laptop because she loves Kingdom Hearts and owns a lot of games so I transferred my BIOS from the PS2 to the laptop and made a few Back-ups for her etc and installed it correctly...

Anyway i've seen a compatibility list for Video Cards / CPUs that are used for PCSX2 and I think it is outdated and should include a few Integrated Graphics cards (You may be thinking what the hell?! Is this guy mad?!)

Well Good News to users who are stuck with laptops i've been testing out Kingdom Hearts 2 & Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix + (English Patched Version) both work great (Lag while you're in twilight town, it drops roughly 20 - 30 FPS) but besides that i'm 6-7 hours into the game and I'm hardly getting lag now.

Anyway here are the specs for the laptop (Pasted from within PCSX2);

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4043 MB
CPU name = Intel® Pentium® CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 2.093 ghz (2 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0dbae39f
x86EFlags = 28100000

(If you're wondering what the graphics card is, I think it's either Intel HD 2000/2500 Sandy Bridge. if you guys want some screens of my settings give us a shout and I'd be happy to.

Sponsored links

That must be a pretty old laptop...

But at least you can play KH Smile
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(03-26-2013, 07:30 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: That must be a pretty old laptop...

But at least you can play KH Smile

My mrs got it second hand in town for £200 back in August and it's not a bad laptop, it could be better but for the price it's a good laptop. She mainly uses it for steam so I thought it would have been a good idea to try and see if Kingdom Hearts (PCSX2) works. It runs with no render issues but i'm just worrying about the 1000 Heartless battle & Xemnas so i'm trying to run through the game as quickly as possible for both versions on easy and see how it turns out.
What speedhacks are you using? Cant think of any reason it would lag in twilight town but not anywhere else.
(03-26-2013, 07:52 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: What speedhacks are you using? Cant think of any reason it would lag in twilight town but not anywhere else.

I think i'm mainly using the Preset 2 (Faster) with Directx10 Hardware enabled with MTVU enabled (The CPU is Dual Core so I thought it would have been a good idea) FrameLimiting isn't disabled the worst lag I got was when I was fighting at the station & Fighting Axel on the stadium and the last battle where he sets the room on fire, (When removing the Lava? thing that covers the floor the lag is almost gone)
Try having all recommended speedhacks on, and set the EE cyclerate to 2 and vu cycle to 1. That may help with the slowdowns.
You can try software mode. You should be able to play it at full speed.
well here's my settings and what I normally get in-game so you can have a look at the moment and there isn't any cause for concern due to me already at Disney Castle at the moment. so I might try every world first to see if I need settings changed but at the moment I don't get any lag.

http://s2.postimg.org/o2noacbi1/PCSX_Settings.png
with an Intel HD 2000+ full speed? un very likely. That card is just too slow to produce any performance in PCSX2 Smile
Native resolution in some games is achievable. Yeah, "some"...