Intel core i3 and GSdx
Hello everyone, I´ve got a problem with GSdx plugins on PCSX2 0.9.7 on my acer aspire 5740G laptop.

This computer comes with an Intel Core I3 330-M, dual core, 4GB RAM and a ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470. However, the plugint doesn´t let me to use the SW rend threads option. It seems like plugin doesn´t recognize the dual core. I have tried with SSE2, SSE3 and SS4.1 versions, although I know my processor uses SSE3 instructions. Games run at 30-40 fps, but I think this can be improved.

Anyone knows where may be the problem?

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored links

Quote:the plugint doesn´t let me to use the SW rend threads option.

This option is only available when you choose a (Software) renderer.

Quote:although I know my processor uses SSE3 instructions

Should be able to use the SSE4.1 one.

What games did you try? On what settings?

Your CPU seems to have a low base clock speed (2.1GHz) so some slowdown is expected but depends on the games. Your graphic card is slow so you should have the "native" setting in GSdx enabled most of the time probably.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I have tried with ICO in Direct3D10/11 in hardware mode, without interlacing.
The resolution is the native, and I haven´t used speedhacks or game fixes.

I also tried Killzone, but it runs quite slowly. Thanks for the support.
hmmm... ICO should give you great speeds, try using the "high performance" power profile in your windows control panel.

What do the EE/GS % numbers say in the game window when it's slow?
EE is always around 99%, and GS doesn´t use to go more than 53%. And...how many frames do you refer with great speeds? In high performance it gives me arond 35-40 fps.
Thanks again.
Ok, what settings?

Try some speedhacks I guess Tongue
That 99% on EE shows the emulator is using the processor in the limit, hence the low FPS. Console games are different from PC games regarding how FPS affects the playability; The console is bond to TV standards and everything is synchronized with it. It means the 'correct' speed for NTSC games is 60 frames per second, anything outside this value translate for the game slowdown or being too fast (that's the main reason for the FPS limiter). The same applies for PAL games just the correct is 50 FPS in this case.

Still many games works fine with several speed hacks that can help you to attain the desirable speed, others will not work as expected or may even break.

What you can set up in the speed hacks tab depends on the game you're playing, you can toy with them and chose the configuration seems the best for you, as pointed by Shadow Lady. Actually this post is just to say there is no great speeds, just the nearest possible to the NTSC or PAL standard the game follows.
Imagination is where we are truly real