Intermittent Crashing multiple games
PCSX2 1.3.1-20150301175321 - compiled on Mar 1 2015
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 24495 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.397 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7fdafbbf
x86EFlags = 2c100000

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. FMA

Other relevant specs for the comp:
24 Gig DDR3 1600 Dual Channel
GTX 770

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: *snip*
Image type = DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2244256 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
Forced software switch enabled.
McdSlot 0: *snip*
McdSlot 1: *snip*
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_553.54;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_553.54;1) Game CRC = 0xF64A6AE5, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_553.54;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps
(GameDB) Enabled Gamefix: VuClipFlagHack
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset

Speed Hacks:
EE Cyclerate is set to 1, there is no VU Cycle Stealing, INTC spin detection is on along with wait loop detection, mVU Flag Hack and MTVU hack (4 core I5-4670K at base frequency)

I was using the AVX set but seeing as the 4670k supports AVX2 I will swap over to that and continue trying with both software and hardware

No other relevant information coming out of the emuLog.txt and it happens seemingly around 10-30 minutes into playing any game. I use both hardware and software emulation depending on what works better with each game. Temps on my CPU aren't running hot while emulating aswell. Thank you everyone in advance for any advice or wisdom you might have to impart on me

Sponsored links

look at eventviewer in windows and see what it is mentioning in there for pcsx2 crash?

Possibility of it being the Xaudio setting with in the spu2 plugin causing those crashs as last i check the random crash that was cause by that settings are still there, could try portaudio setting in spu2 ever since i switch to port audio setting any random crashes i had relating the spu2 went away.
check for any strange behavior on your taskmanager while pcsx2 is crashing. ( like, low cpu usage (or) high ram usage)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
If you've overclocked your CPU and/or GPU, try again at stock speeds. Sounds like system instability
[Image: newsig.jpg]
CPU and GPU is at stock, honestly I've never found a need in any game or program to have to overclock it lol, when I switched over to AVX2 from AVX oddly enough and it's been running fine. Had a 3 or 4 hour marathon with absolutely no problems. I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary in the event viewer from PCSX2. I actually tried to use portuadio originally reading about compatibility on different places on the forum but for whatever reason I could never get sound through my headset so I tried around with the different modules and XAudio 2 ended up pushing it through. (I did have the device set for portaudio as well)
if you want to use portaudio you need to set it to exclusive mode.
You can use as well directsound.

Can you please test avx vs avx2 stability? We never had such a problem so far.
What kind of testing parameters would you like me to use? I can just speak to what experience I had after I swapped over to APX2, I wasn't intentionally changing it with certain parameters to test the such but I will say that it's been the only thing to really change. I'll report back if I get any more crashes and then I'll swap back to APX and try it out for a little while and see if the crashes resume.

Edit Sidenote: The crashes I am experiences are solely with PCSX2 and my computer is not blue screening or losing power straight. When I was experiencing it would happen approx after 10-20 minutes and PCSX2 would stop responding. Attempting to play ape escape 2 w/ APX2 w/ no other changes to see if it's more stable now
Try setting priority of pcsx2 to high in taskmanager and run pcsx2 as administrator and try again.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
just now read it but started playing MGS2: Sons of Liberty and crashed w/ the same PCSX2 Has stopped responding about 7-8 minutes after the cinematic started. Will try what you suggested ssakash thank you.
(03-07-2015, 01:42 AM)Brailagise Wrote: just now read it but started playing MGS2: Sons of Liberty and crashed w/ the same PCSX2 Has stopped responding about 7-8 minutes after the cinematic started. Will try what you suggested ssakash thank you.

I had this issue , it's clearly something is cranking up in your pc. scan your hard drive for bad sectors , see if your cpu doesn't throttle due to heat , disable unnecessary overclocking . , see your gpu temperature , also check for thermal paste .

also check for any drivers issue , intall them cleanly and clear the registry ..
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1