Intermittent controller lock
Controller: Xbox Elite Series 2
Computer: MacBook Pro
Processor: 2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB
Memory: 16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X
MacOS: 14.4

The controller intermittently stops giving inputs.  Nothing, physically, on the controller looks different such as blinking led lights when this happens.

For example, lets say I'm using my controller to drive.  The first 20 seconds of the race the inputs will be fine.  Then all of a sudden there is no input.  Say my last input was a left turn.  The vehicle will remain spinning to the left on screen until I disconnect the Bluetooth and then reconnect.  Input will be normal and then I am able to take control of the vehicle for another 20 seconds.

Before someone speaks on the hardware and software--yes, what I'm using is verifiable trash--I just stumbled upon this problem after a year with no problems.

The only difference between now and then have been OS updates and PCSX2 updates.

Sponsored links

This is a problem that I still haven't found an exact answer to. Although I tried to test the controller properly
Probably OS bugs, as Apple seems determined to make macOS worse and worse with more recent versions.  I can say that wired controllers, at least, work with no issues, specifically a 8BitDo Pro 2 in my case.