Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Down in Syria.
I just thought I'd note that Syria currently has zero internet access. Currently, it's unclear whether the government is directly responsible.

I'm pretty sure we have a few active forum members from Syria. So spare a thought for them.

Sponsored links

I give it less than a year before internet access in the USA is shut down too.
Gsdx: http://i.imgur.com/udhPu.png

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i5-3570k @ 3.40Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 DirectCU II
8Gb Ram
Let's hope they won't get abstinence difficulties.
So we're going to miss our abdo123 in a while.
Somebody does not want news spreading to world.Ninja
(11-30-2012, 09:50 AM)Game Wrote: Somebody does not want news spreading to world.Ninja

Not that surprising, given the circumstances, but assuming it's the government for malicious purposes, there'd better be hell to pay for them.
There are 4 providers of internet in syria, all 4 have gone down, its quite obviously a government "kill switch" type thing going on. But the question is, what are they planning?

Remember Egypt did the same thing when all that madness was going on there.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
How do you know there are total 4 ISPs in Syria? And what is going on there?
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
(11-30-2012, 07:15 PM)Livy Wrote: How do you know there are total 4 ISPs in Syria? And what is going on there?

Didn't you know there is civil war there?
No. I have not read news for 4 - 5 years.

You would think that I spend my life under a rock. True. But you should know that all newspapers and websites in my country are censored by the government. Good news is published, bad news is ignored. For the one which is neither good or bad, the government side is always depicted as the winner. Facebook is blocked to prevent truths from spreading. Everything is almost like China here.

Sometimes I tried to read BBC, but I was very bad at politics terminology and the like. I could hardly understand. I am not interested in studying these terms. More importantly, I'm not a curious person. Events in the world are not my concern anyway. I am only interested in games and technologies.

I wish there were a civil war in my country, too, right now!
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60