Interpreting EOP's in GIF packets
Just a little update. My plugin is very primitive compared to other plugins like GSdx and ZeroGS, but non the less, I've put it up on my github and I'll continue to develop it as far as I can. If anyone feels like they could lend a hand or give advice, feel free to contact me, I'd really appreciate it. Especially if you have advice or knowledge of efficient ways to emulate the GS's local memory and textures (with OpenGL).

Sponsored links

Nice Smile Can you mention what are the minimum requirements to run the plugin?
Oh, a public repository. Now we're talking! Tongue2
I take it pseudonym has already contacted you?
Quote:Nice. Can you mention what are the minimum requirements to run the plugin?

If I'm being completely honest, I wouldn't recommend using it in its current state, since it still has all of the debugging functionality built in to the source code, i.e. logging. It is also missing a lot of basic functionality which you would expect from a GS plugin. Basically, it really is in a primitive state right now.

However, If you really want to give it a try, then your GPU will need to support the FBO (frame buffer objects) OpenGL extension, and I would recommend as much VRAM as possible, at the very least 32MB. However, this requirement will increase if and when I start off-loading more work to the GPU and start implementing texture emulation.

edit:
And further more, I can only guarantee that this plugin will run on PCSX2 version 0.9.6 or less.

Quote:Oh, a public repository. Now we're talking!
I take it pseudonym has already contacted you?

It's actually my first one, so excuse the horrible layout of the source. I just basically upload the entire project, with project files. I will improve the layout when I start learning more about using github though.

pseudonym hasn't contacted me, but I would appreciate any aid that comes my way.

Just to make thing clear about my source, I wish to make a a little disclaimer.
The source is full of hacks, half finished code, abandoned ideas and much of it is in need of re-writing. I just want to say that before anyone gets their hopes up too far about a potential new plugin. Don't get me wrong, I am ambitious about this plugin, but it can only go as far as my knowledge can take it, and my knowledge of PS2 GS emulation still has a ways to go.
Er, I sent you a pm, that doesn't count as contacting you?
(07-10-2011, 09:23 PM)pseudonym Wrote: Er, I sent you a pm, that doesn't count as contacting you?

Oh, sorry pseudonym, I don't know why I didn't check my private messages. Thoughtlessness on my part.
I decided to name it the most generic and unimaginative thing I could think of, GSgl. But seriously, I don't think any other PS2 GS plugin exists with that explicit name, so I think i'll take it.