Invalid: [BUG] Ratchet and Clank 1 [NTSC]
# Playground version: svn708 with Jan/19/2009 plugins
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: Gsdx 872m (MSVC 15.00, SSE41), spu2ghz 1.9.0
# Description: Main Menu is extremely slow (1/4 normal FPS -- I get 60FPS outside of this menu, but 20FPS when the menu is displayed) and glitchy (can see through solid objects); game hangs after initial cutscene. Unplayable.

Video (way better than screenshots Tongue):
http://www.vimeo.com/3178395

I wanted to double the framerate on the video, but couldn't get that to work.. so I guess you'll just have to endure it in all it's 25FPS glory. Blame FRAPS for the slow FPS.

By the way -- I am a programmer myself, so if there's anything else I can do to help with this problem just let me know Smile

Edit: Just tested it with the latest betas of Gsdx and spu2ghz from http://forums.pcsx2.net/forum-49.html .. no improvements.

The game actually runs with less graphical glitches, although slower, with ZeroGS and ZeroSPU2. The main-menu seems almost glitch-free (it still runs very, very slow though). The hang-after-cutscene issue is still present, and in the exact same position.

PS: I would kill to be able to play through this entire game on my PC D:

Edit: Does anyone know if I can load .cbs (CodeBreaker Saves) in PCSX2 somehow? I'd like to test and see if I can skip past this point in the game, and see if the game itself works or not..
Windows 7 x64 Build 7000, E7300 @ 3.6GHz, 4GB DDR2-1066 RAM @ 1080MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4830 @ 770MHz/1050MHz
[Image: sig2552.png]

Sponsored links

(02-11-2009, 10:55 PM)MaXiMiUS Wrote: Edit: Does anyone know if I can load .cbs (CodeBreaker Saves) in PCSX2 somehow? I'd like to test and see if I can skip past this point in the game, and see if the game itself works or not..

Just play a bit on your PS2 and convert the memcard. You should be able to do that, it's about as complicated as dumping your bios Smile
There are lots of threads about that on the old forums, e.g. dump the memcard and do something like this to import in PCSX2: http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/6448...cards.html
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
(02-12-2009, 02:41 AM)VeaaC Wrote:
(02-11-2009, 10:55 PM)MaXiMiUS Wrote: Edit: Does anyone know if I can load .cbs (CodeBreaker Saves) in PCSX2 somehow? I'd like to test and see if I can skip past this point in the game, and see if the game itself works or not..

Just play a bit on your PS2 and convert the memcard. You should be able to do that, it's about as complicated as dumping your bios Smile
There are lots of threads about that on the old forums, e.g. dump the memcard and do something like this to import in PCSX2: http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/6448...cards.html

Thanks for the guide.

I just tried something.. interesting. I made a savestate at the "blank screen" bug, closed PCSX2, started the game back up, and tried to load the savestate.. "Corrupted data" and it aborts emulation. Sad
Windows 7 x64 Build 7000, E7300 @ 3.6GHz, 4GB DDR2-1066 RAM @ 1080MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4830 @ 770MHz/1050MHz
Just tried it with a freshly compiled revision 488.. it doesn't even get to the main menu now. It just runs slowly, and when it tries to load the main menu, crashes.

Code:
Assertion failed!
Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2PG\binpcsx2-dbg.exe
File: ..\..\x86\ix86\ix86_sse.cpp
Line: 414

Expression: to < XMMREGS && from < XMMREGS
Just tested with 0.9.6. The main menu looks.. different. I can't tell if it's an improvement or not, it still looks very strange. Polygons going every which way Wink

The "game freezes at a certain point" error is still present.
The same thing happens with ratchet: deadlocked and ratchet and clank: up your arsenal.
Asking for a status report. Please test with our latest betas and with the latest plugins. thanks.
Seems that Ratchet and Clank 1 works with svn revisions 895 and up, it's also written into commit log. Nneeve (the commiter) says that the game has other issues, but I haven't noticed any apparent issues besides somegraphical bugs. For me, the game is completely playable using latest revisions and plugins.

P.s. sorry for bumping a month-old thread.
The FFX hack fixes ratchet's appearance, but the environment still looks funny at a distance, up close it gets fixed.
i think there is some sord of LoD going on (Level of Detail, basically using different/smaller textures for things further away) but i suspect the problem is entirely on the GS plugin as it varies depending on GSDX mode or zerogs
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]