Invalid: [Bug Report] Iridium Runners [NTSC-U] VU Illegal Access
PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @ 3.2GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 4GB

Build Description: PCSX2 1.5.0 dbg (compiled on July 3 2016)
GSdx32-SSE2-dbg.dll
LilyPad-dbg.dll
cdvdGigaherz-dbg.dll
SPU2-X-dbg.dll
USA v02.00 Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop
*EE Timing hack is necessary for game to work at this point in time

Description: The game has instances where MicroVU0 is accessing VU1 Regs. I assume this isn't normal? - Testing on sVU also threw an assert (see below)
Hopefully this can be the start to getting this game to a working state in the future Smile

The attached emulog is from MicroVU testing. During these access times, the game will slow to a crawl. This occurs in the menu, but I did also manage to get into some races with 3D rendering. Unfortunately the game still runs very slowly.

I don't really know what else to put, so let me know if you need anything

MicroVU Warnings:
Code:
microVU0 Warning: Accessing VU1 Regs! [01c8] [0]
microVU0: Waiting on VU1 thread to access VU1 regs!
microVU0 Warning: Accessing VU1 Regs! [01d8] [0]
microVU0: Waiting on VU1 thread to access VU1 regs!
microVU0 Warning: Accessing VU1 Regs! [01e8] [0]

sVU assert:
Code:
..\..\x86\sVU_zerorec.cpp(3040) : assertion failed:
   Function:  VuBaseBlock::Recompile
   Thread:    EE Core
   Condition: x86regs[s_JumpX86].type == 12

[00] VuBaseBlock::Recompile                       \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\x86\svu_zerorec.cpp:3040
[01] VuBaseBlock::Recompile                       \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\x86\svu_zerorec.cpp:3166
[02] SuperVURecompile                             \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\x86\svu_zerorec.cpp:2692
[03] SuperVURecompileProgram                      \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\x86\svu_zerorec.cpp:888
[04] SuperVUGetProgram                            \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\x86\svu_zerorec.cpp:727
[05] SuperVUExecuteProgram                        \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\x86\svu_zerorec.cpp:2571
[06] vu1ExecMicro                                 \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\vu1micro.cpp:69
[07] vifExecQueue                                 \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\vif_codes.cpp:53
[08] vifCode_Nop<1>                               \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\vif_codes.cpp:450
[09] vifTransferLoop<1>                           \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\vif_transfer.cpp:59
[10] vifTransfer<1>                               \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\vif_transfer.cpp:72
[11] VIF1transfer                                 \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\vif_transfer.cpp:123
[12] _VIF1chain                                   \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\vif1_dma.cpp:134
[13] vif1Interrupt                                \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\vif1_dma.cpp:359
[14] vif1VUFinish                                 \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\vif1_dma.cpp:263
[15] TESTINT                                      \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\r5900.cpp:258
[16] _cpuTestInterrupts                           \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\r5900.cpp:299
[17] _cpuEventTest_Shared                         \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\r5900.cpp:393
[18] recEventTest                                 \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\x86\ix86-32\ir5900-32.cpp:340
[19] eeRecDispatchers                            
[20] recExecute                                   \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\x86\ix86-32\ir5900-32.cpp:684
[21] SysCoreThread::DoCpuExecute                  \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\system\syscorethread.cpp:258
[22] AppCoreThread::DoCpuExecute                  \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\gui\appcorethread.cpp:549
[23] SysCoreThread::ExecuteTaskInThread           \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\system\syscorethread.cpp:271
[24] AppCoreThread::ExecuteTaskInThread           \source\repos\pcsx2\pcsx2\gui\appcorethread.cpp:543
[25] Threading::pxThread::_try_virtual_invoke     \source\repos\pcsx2\common\src\utilities\threadtools.cpp:545
[26] Threading::pxThread::_internal_execute       \source\repos\pcsx2\common\src\utilities\threadtools.cpp:645
[27] Threading::pxThread::_internal_callback      \source\repos\pcsx2\common\src\utilities\threadtools.cpp:685
[28] ptw32_threadStart                            \source\repos\pcsx2\3rdparty\pthreads4w\ptw32_threadstart.c:184
[29] register_onexit_function                    
[30] register_onexit_function                    
[31] BaseThreadInitThunk                        
[32] RtlQueryPackageClaims                      
[33] RtlQueryPackageClaims                      

Sponsored links

if you get the latest git build, the warnings in microVU should go away, hopefully Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I should probably close this as invalid. This report looks about as valid as many of the bug reports you've been closing lately.
Well I've just realised it's CK1 and he's using the latest build lol. Hmm might have to look in to silencing those warnings, they just slow things down.

Edit: You're using a debug build. It will show on that, it won't on the release builds.

@CK1

Quote:The game has instances where MicroVU0 is accessing VU1 Regs. I assume this isn't normal? - Testing on sVU also threw an assert (see below)

Apparently those warnings are related to performance and not accuracy, VU0 accessing the VU1 registers when MTVU is enabled is quite slow.

About SuperVU : No clue Tongue , Is the assert also triggered on a release build ?

Quote:During these access times, the game will slow to a crawl. This occurs in the menu, but I did also manage to get into some races with 3D rendering. Unfortunately the game still runs very slowly.

As Refraction said earlier, speed should be fine on a release build. Smile
The game runs at ok speed for me but the problem is it hangs after few seconds ingame. I have patched it to work for few extra seconds but it still hangs. I can't reproduce slowdowns reported here.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.