Invalid: [Bug Report] PCSX2 Beta r1888 (severe)
In game "Sakura Taisen V", when the first time you get a camera, you are asked to take a picture.

With PCSX2 Beta r1888, as soon as I pressed the square key to take a shot, my Windows XP crashed with a Blue Screen.

I made some experiments as the following:
I downloaded GSDX Plugin of version r1650 (whish was released with PCSX2 Beta r1736), executed main program of r1888, changed graphic to GSDX r1650, then loaded the game. And again it crashed my windows with a blue screen at the exactly same spot.

So I believe the bug hides in the main program rather than in GSDX plugin.

To be certain, I replaced the main program with PCSX2 Beta r1736, and as I had expected, the game successfully passed that picture-taking scenario.
(I tried combination of
A. main program r1736 + GSDX r1650
B. main program r1736 + GSDX r1873
both got passed)

I'm sorry I can't give you some snapshots since whenever that bug happens, my Windows XP shows a Blue Screen .....

Sponsored links

Well bluescreens are still almost always a DirectX driver issue. It could be that r1888 is sending GSdx slightly different data that causes GSdx to crash your PC hard. A better test would be to also try ZeroGS or ZZogl, and see if it has the same bluescreen crash with r1888. Chances are it won't.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Allright, here is my thing with r1888. In FF XII pal, game often crashes. It turns back on the Pcsx2 main screen (in Gsdx with all posible settings, and all combinations of speedhacks off or on). In official 0.9.6 it works flawless. Well, the movies are very slow in comparison with the Japanes version which works full speed. I am not complaining, I play with 0.9.6 and having a good time. Just to let you know. Thanks guys. Keep a good work.

Vista Ultimate x64
AMD 5000+ BE
2 Gb ram
8600gt
Requesting update from author after trying Air's suggestion. If this won't be updated soon, since it is most probably a PC/driver issue, it will be closed
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-26-2009, 09:59 AM)Bositman Wrote: Requesting update from author after trying Air's suggestion. If this won't be updated soon, since it is most probably a PC/driver issue, it will be closed

Maybe, now I can't reproduce this issue, but I don't think I have changed anything about driver/game .... Wacko
I even tried using the r1888 version and couldn't reproduce this issue, moving to invalid.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction