Invalid: [Bug Report] Project Zero (Fatal Frame) [PAL]
(03-16-2014, 04:56 PM)Renatar567 Wrote: Seeing as how Dolphin seems to be putting out complete rewrites fixing age old problems, I guess I'm jealous that doesnt happen with this emu.

Actually that happens all the time in pcsx2... If one looks from time to time to the compatibility list one can see the improvements quite easily.

I am not sure but I think snowblind games are now starting to work. There is a large community for those games. I thin k recently refraction did a lot of changes to the emulator itself which solved some general problems in growlanser games. But changes in gsdx are quite hard since the main/first coder is not really part of the project anymore and this plugin seems to be a mess.

Sponsored links

(03-16-2014, 04:56 PM)Renatar567 Wrote: Seeing as how Dolphin seems to be putting out complete rewrites fixing age old problems, I guess I'm jealous that doesnt happen with this emu.
from a noobish point of view, that's true. But it can easily be explained by the facts :
- Pcsx2 team is much smaller than Dolphin's
- GC/WII are much easier to emulate than ps2 due to their similarities with actual pc's architectures (GPU's pixel pipeline)

Thus making the comparison irrelevant.

Quote:But I feel that for me, and I'm sure for a lot of others, playing on software mode completely defeats the point of emulation. I could as well pop my game into my PS2 and play it without bugs and slowdown.
of course, but that is a very limited vision of what emulation has to offer besides HD : savestates, unlimited memory cards, free cheating system, etc...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:But changes in gsdx are quite hard since the main/first coder is not really part of the project anymore and this plugin seems to be a mess.

Oh, that's bad news. I hate seeing people start something and drop out on the way, but I'm guilty of it myself too. This project needs some fresh people...or funding. I owuld gladly pay like 25 euros for a paid version.

Quote:of course, but that is a very limited vision of what emulation has to offer besides HD : savestates, unlimited memory cards, free cheating system, etc...
Yes maybe, but if you look at it like that, it's because I personally put the emphasis on upscaling as the main reason to use emulators, because I like to play games just like on a regular PS2 (no cheating/savestates), only technically superior. Compare it to listening music via iBuds or via Sennheiser, or watching VHS vs Blu-Ray.

Anyway, this bug report seems to have driven into the existential field of emulation philosophy.

Something was mentioned about an HD-pnach widescreen fix. Seeing as how the cause for a bug is known, and that I personally also know that in like 1.0 the filter problem was not present, even with widescreen, this should be easy enough to fix. Right?
Use this pnach if you prefer graining over HD.

Attached Files
.pnach   22E91837.pnach (Size: 5,37 KB / Downloads: 237)
(03-16-2014, 07:17 PM)pgert Wrote: Use this pnach if you prefer graining over HD.

If "pcsx2's main goals are compatibility and accuracy", why is this not the standard widescreen patch?
Compromise; it's (hopefully) a work in progress.
I'm hoping for some improvment-submission by other hackers.
I've searched like crazy for a HD-fix for rendering of ghosts\spirits,
and a HD-fix for 2D-displays which saves the graining (if prefered).

I'm guessing that the graining isn't appreciated by anyone anyway.
It might look cute when playing the game through the console on a 4:3 TV,
but when using a flatscreen-monitor it really don't.

However if no improvements are done\submitted,
then I will take your remark into account.
(03-16-2014, 08:15 PM)pgert Wrote: Compromise; it's (hopefully) a work in progress.
I'm hoping for some improvment-submission by other hackers.
I've searched like crazy for a HD-fix for rendering of ghosts\spirits,
and a HD-fix for 2D-displays which saves the graining (if prefered).

I'm guessing that the graining isn't appreciated by anyone anyway.
It might look cute when playing the game through the console on a 4:3 TV,
but when using a flatscreen-monitor it really don't.

However if no improvements are done\submitted,
then I will take your remark into account.

Thanks. Even though people dislike grain, for me I like it as a part of the atmosphere. I find it much better applied in FF then for example Silent Hill, but that game had an option to turn it off. And coders can't just remove game functionality because they don't like it.
I've got a bug I'm hoping I can get help with, for some weird reason after the bit where you take a picture of the box locked by the mirror key I defeat the ghost who pops out when you try to open the door then when I get to the door to go into the room with the samurai armor and Lion Mask the game will either freeze if I try to run off the disc or will open but I'll be stuck and unable to move if using the iso.
Do not hijack threads.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-21-2014, 12:05 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Do not hijack threads.

Sorry I wasn't aware this was hijaking, I figured I was reporting a bug/error.