Invalid: [Bug Report] Project Zero (Fatal Frame) [PAL]
1. Tested with 1.3.0.5873 and 1.2.1. Speedhacks off, however turning them on does nothing.

2. EE/IOP = everything standard. Changing clamping to Full does not solve.
VUs = everything standard. "" ""
3. GDSX DirectX11 @ 3x native, with Texture Filtering (checked), 8 Bit textures and Enable HW Hacks: Nividia Hack. Problem persits in software mode.

4. Screen filters are gone. In the start of the game there should be a grain filter, as well as a very heavy grain filter in camera mode. These are gone (and with it ghosting (no pun intended) for some reason). Also the lightning in the first stage is wrong sometimes: the shadows are gone. Like I saide, sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Sponsored links

May I report that in camera viewfinder mode, some objects turn transparant.
Also, most ghosts are completely invisible, sometimes targetable, sometimes not.

Also, grain filters are gone too in Project Zero 2, Fatal Frame 2.
Is this being looked into yet?
This is a problematic game.
That some ghosts\spirits are invisible is caused by some kind of imperfection in PCSX2 and\or GSdx.
The grain filter is gone due to a HD-fixpatch included in the Widescreen pnach (try disable Widescreen patches).
Also disable "Texture Filtering" & "8 Bit textures"; to my knowledge they don't do any good with this game.
(03-08-2014, 10:10 PM)pgert Wrote: This is a problematic game.
That some ghosts\spirits are invisible is caused by some kind of imperfection in PCSX2 and\or GSdx.
The grain filter is gone due to a HD-fixpatch included in the Widescreen pnach (try disable Widescreen patches).
Also disable "Texture Filtering" & "8 Bit textures"; to my knowledge they don't do any good with this game.

If you seem to know the causes, the problems can be fixed right? Why not make special game fixes.
(03-09-2014, 05:27 PM)Renatar567 Wrote: If you seem to know the causes, the problems can be fixed right? Why not make special game fixes.

There is a special game fix, thats why the grain is gone and some of the shadows.

As for the ghosts not being capturable in hardware mode, this is due to the design of it and is not easily fixed, but the game works in software mode as far as i know.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-09-2014, 05:34 PM)refraction Wrote: There is a special game fix, thats why the grain is gone and some of the shadows.

As for the ghosts not being capturable in hardware mode, this is due to the design of it and is not easily fixed, but the game works in software mode as far as i know.

The first sentence I don't understand. Is there a gamefix that fixed some Fatal Frame elements but breaks others?

Also, is something working on software mode a reason not to try and fix it on hardware. With the PC gaming realm moving into 4K resolutions playing on PS2 native is getting more and more unbearable.
(03-09-2014, 11:32 PM)Renatar567 Wrote: Also, is something working on software mode a reason not to try and fix it on hardware.
once a bug is fixed in pcsx2 core, main objective is achieved : accuracy working on hardware mode is optional.
Quote:With the PC gaming realm moving into 4K resolutions playing on PS2 native is getting more and more unbearable.
Sure, but this is why editors a releasing HD versions of their old games. Just to repeat : pcsx2's main goals are compatibility and accuracy. Enhancing features come after in the to-do list
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
This is a feature (depth buffer downloads from GSdx to PCSX2) which delivers only garbage in hardware mode, due to its design.
Implementing it is possible but apparently hard enough that no one has succeeded doing it yet.
(03-10-2014, 08:41 AM)rama Wrote: This is a feature (depth buffer downloads from GSdx to PCSX2) which delivers only garbage in hardware mode, due to its design.
Implementing it is possible but apparently hard enough that no one has succeeded doing it yet.

I'm no coder so I have no idea exactly how hard something can be, so please ignore my 'ignorance'. But I feel that for me, and I'm sure for a lot of others, playing on software mode completely defeats the point of emulation. I could as well pop my game into my PS2 and play it without bugs and slowdown.

Seeing as how Dolphin seems to be putting out complete rewrites fixing age old problems, I guess I'm jealous that doesnt happen with this emu.

Quote:Sure, but this is why editors a releasing HD versions of their old games. Just to repeat : pcsx2's main goals are compatibility and accuracy. Enhancing features come after in the to-do list
There is a handfull of AAA+ titles that have gotten this, far from perfect, upgrade. For the rest of the PS2 library, in order to go along with the times, this is the only solution.