Invalid: [Bug report] FFXII character textures? (distance related) [NTSC-U]and[PAL]
Hello

I'm new here and I would like to report my first bug on this forum.
Just so happens I exprerience a bug that I didn't have 2 years ago on my older computer playing final fantasy XII

I used pcsx2 0.9.6 + 0.9.7 + 0.9.8 and r1873 + r5037
Also I tried to change my Gsdx plugin from hardware to software an tried to change the resolution from 1920x1080 to 3x native
Changing between PAL and NTSC images didn't work either.

All these changes didn't solved the problem.

Now I'm wondering if this has something to do with pcsx2 or my computer software configuration like Ati ccc, Because I also tried to switch to my old Ati 4870x2 but it didn't work.

my pc specs are:

i5 2500k @4.4 Ghz overclock
Ati 5970 2gb (bios updated from 5950)
Gigabyte Z68x motherboard
2x 4gb corsair memory 9-9-9-24
Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM

All speeds hacks are off, also tried clamping with Alpha ,Offset and skipdraw hack..

Here are some pictures so you knwo exactly what I mean.
Look closely to the imperial soldier just by one step difference he changes ! and he doesnt move when taking just one step backwards

I dont know how to call this but let's say 'normal'
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee167...Normal.jpg

and now let's sat 'abnormal'
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee167...ormall.jpg

This happens to all charachters in the game, passing them by changes theit appereance and it's been pretty annoying

So if someone has got a clue i would gladly hear it

many thanks

Orhan

Sponsored links

Post the CRCs of your games
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I dont think its a bug. I believe its a game affect to simulate distance. When your looking at the guard he`s in focus, but when you are looking away from him he is out of focus a little! Just a in-game affect.
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
That's the game's doing. It uses this technique to conserve memory on a PS2.
Starting at a certain distance it swaps the higher detail texture for a low detail one.
NTSC-U Game CRC = 0x0779FBDB
PAL Game CRC = 0x78DA0252

I'm almost sure that I didn't had this problem 2 years ago
this was just a small example of just one person, there are also some objects that get out of focus
(02-19-2012, 12:38 PM)rama Wrote: That's the game's doing. It uses this technique to conserve memory on a PS2.
Starting at a certain distance it swaps the higher detail texture for a low detail one.

So there is no hack to bypass this, for example like the skipdraw hack?
Nope, there is no known way to get around this.
One could try to hack the game executable but you'd need mad skills for that Tongue2
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)